Good Knife for Prying?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was going to suggest looking for a discontinued Gerber model, the Moray. I managed to find one (for the picture) but the price was $295. eeek!
Remember, the price of a dive accessory is a direct inverse proportionate ratio expressed as the amount of time it will take to lose it. :D

Bob3:
Remember, the price of a dive accessory is a direct inverse proportionate ratio expressed as the amount of time it will take to lose it. :D

I've found this also to be the case (with my sweet wife for sure) with Sunglasses. She has 3 or 4 pair of $5 glasses - one in the glovie, one in the visor, one in the kitchen drawer (don't ask)... they're everywhere. But we get her a nice pair - forget about it. They get left in the restaurant, on the dive boat, etc. :bonk: Call it Bob's Law.

A pry bar works much better for pulling the nice ones off the rocks, and doubles as a toe smasher as you go to dunk your gear after a trip.

K

Another good one is the Navy Seal Dive Tool by Decker. It is a one-quarter inch thick slab of stainless-steel, with black micarta handles and a black teflon finish. The tip is a heavy chisel grind, and there is a line hook. Great unit!

BJD :anakinpod

Bob3:
Yo, BJD~ Got a pic or a link to said tool?
Was unable to find anything on Google.

I'm out of position at the moment, but will try to remember to shoot a JPEG of it for posting ASAIC.

BJD :anakinpod

I'd like to see the pictre of that Navy Seal Dive Tool, too. Sounds pretty heavy duty. Has anyone seen the webisite for Mision Knives. I don't recommend one for this original poster, but they are way cool. Nice designs in Titanium or SS, great sheaths, they make a copoe div versions...BUT expensive! 2 - 300 bucks per knife.

Referring to the above post, it would be lost on the first dive, and even if you did get to use it once, you'd be lamenting for hours over that first scratch in the satin titanium finish!

JAG

Hmmm maybe I will just have to get him two tools now that I have all of this prying advice... We'll see if I can afford it. As far as knifes go I am leaning towards the Ocean Master Titanium... Any one have one? Like it?

Like I said, I had one for a couple months.
As a pure knife, I think it is a bit lacking in finish, but if it were to double as a prying tool (which is gonna mark up the thing anyway) I think it would be the perfect candidate for me.

It is one solid piece of Titanium.

JAG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom