Good morning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n2olowe

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Good morning gang!

Relatively new diver here. Quick question.... sometimes after a dive I will have some lower back soreness. Not a bad sore, I can just tell I'm using some muscles i don't normally use. No biggie, but I wonder is this common ? It's like I'm sore from looking forward and arching my back? Again, it's not a problem, but I wonder if my weighting is off or something that might cause me to expend more energy and oxygen than necessary. Either that or I just need to start pirates and core strength:)

Ugh!! I'm sitting here with lower back pain right now; supposed to play tennis later today.
Either that or I just need to start pilates and core strength
This would be good for anyone and would eliminate many soreness issues that often arise during and after physical activity, scuba included. Something such as improper weighting, an off center tank, or something else might cause muscle soreness as you use those muscles to overcorrect the issue, but strengthening the muscles will likely help to prevent that soreness.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!!

Welcome to ScubaBoard! My bet is that it is not actually during the dive, but rather the hauling and entering/exiting the water phases that tests your back and core muscles. @jonhall is correct to recommend core muscle work.

At times over the years I have had problems with my lower back. But not really as a result of diving (I don't think). I at times get sore shoulders from all the weight in my heavy BC.
You may have to look at your weighting or exercising I guess.

Back
Top Bottom