Goodbye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MechDiver:
I see no "holier than thou" attitude in Wendy's post. But, as a very accomplished diver, I do see her concern for some of the preposterous trash that is passed on here, and elsewhere, as "diving knowledge".

As far as attitude. I thinks yours sucks.
So, I guess you and Wendy both lost points. Eh?
What I seem to be missing is why I should care that someone is making a decision not to post here anymore.

This is a discussion board, not the be all and end all tome of knowledge for SCUBA diving. If she doesn't like being here then that's OK, move along. Nothing here should be taken as gospel and people here should take everything with a 'let the diver beware' warning.

Concern is one thing. Writing something off entirely is another.

And yea, my attitude may suck but I'm still right. I'm not here to make 'points' with anyone.

v_1matst:
This is a discussion board, not the be all and end all tome of knowledge for SCUBA diving. If she doesn't like being here then that's OK, move along. Nothing here should be taken as gospel and people here should take everything with a 'let the diver beware' warning.

Concern is one thing. Writing something off entirely is another.

And yea, my attitude may suck but I'm still right.

You also have to keep in mind that scubaboard is a very diverse community. We have members here from many different occupatons. When people start bashing someones occupation that they are proud of and work hard to strive at, expect them to get offended. Respect goes a long way.

By the way i see you are a software designer according to your profile. I bet there are more than a few people who could badmouth some software designs :wink:

lal7176:
Ok let me rephrase that.I dont bad mouth anyones profession except career criminals and criminal defense attorneys. Thanks for reminding me :D
Fortunately for me, I am neither... :D

lal7176:
You also have to keep in mind that scubaboard is a very diverse community. We have members here from many different occupatons. When people start bashing someones occupation that they are proud of and work hard to strive at, expect them to get offended. Respect goes a long way.

By the way i see you are a software designer according to your profile. I bet there are more than a few people who could badmouth some software designs :wink:
Not sure where you're going with this. I'm not bashing anyones occupation.

What I am talking about is walking away from something because you don't agree with "what it's become" instead of trying to do anything about it.

And yes, I'm sure some people could badmouth software designs however you're only supporting my point. This board is a place for discussion. If you don't agree with what is being discussed, say something. If you find a post is going against the 'doctrines' of the board, report it. Don't throw up your hands, tell everyone that new users are messing everything up for you and leave.

Everyone needs to come back down to earth and take a couple of deep breaths....

Not sure where you're going with this. I'm not bashing anyones occupation
I should not have directed this towards you as you were not apart of that. You might as well head on over and get your issue while its a hot topic :D

Everyone needs to come back down to earth and take a couple of deep breaths.
or take a nice relaxing dive :wink:

We all have two choices here, we can refrain from posting, and we can also refrain from letting anything said here influence us personally. Take your pick, but IMHO, the latter is better than the former.

Sorry you feel that way Wendy and i wish you the best in your future endeavors. You certainly are entitled to your own opinion but i for one don't agree with much of what your saying about this board.

Maybe i haven't been on this site long enough but i haven't seen the decline you've seen. Rather, i've an attempt to be more fair and inclusive. Sure some members get mad and pitch a hissy-fit when they get called on behavior that isn't within the SB TOS. Imagine that!

What members of some inclination call dangerous, others will point to decades of success, practicing said dangerous activities. Neither are necessarily wrong, neither are necessarily right, its just an opinion and as others have pointed out, its just a message board. Taking it too seriously is a mistake.

Life is too short to take stuff like this to heart.

Buddha:
What members of some inclination call dangerous, others will point to decades of success, practicing said dangerous activities. Neither are necessarily wrong, neither are necessarily right, its just an opinion and as others have pointed out, its just a message board. Taking it too seriously is a mistake.

Life is too short to take stuff like this to heart.
Very well said Buddha!! Kudos to you!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom