Goodbye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just wanted to say goodbye to those of you on this board that have been nice and have enjoyed my posts and have PM'd me to thank me for my help. I will no longer by posting on this board. I can not be part of a group that I do not agree with what they say. I had mentioned in another thread that I thought this board has declined in recent years, and although some may thing it is better, its not. I see dangerous and stupid things being posted that just plain aren't safe. I have seen homophobics run off several new members, and I have seen new members been run off because current members agrue with each other in their first threads Who wants to be a part of a message board that people bicker and fight. I don't, and that's why I am leaving. And the whole anti-law enforcement feelings of a few has just pushed me to my limit. No this board is not what it once was, and I don't like it. I am not happy with some of the newer forums, and gee don't we just have a forum for anything now. I'm surprised we don't have the anti-DIR, solo diving underwater basket weaving forum.

If anyone wants to keep in touch with me please shoot me over a PM and give me your e-mail address.

I hope that everyone dives safe and educated!

Bye!

But the burglar kitty cat told the story. :D I wish you the best. I've said it before, and will again. We are all in this together.

Safe Diving

Alas . . .
you will be missed . . .

Sorry to hear that someone like yourself with such a positivie attitude is leaving here, hadn't realised the levels of problems on here.

I think this board is simply a reflection of everyday life. Yes, there are homophobes, there are homosexuals, there are democrats and republicans. there are safe well educated divers and there are reckles accidents waiting to happen. Why would you expect anything else. I agree with you that things are posted that I don't agree with but other don't agree with my posts.

The Kracken:
Alas . . .
you will be missed . . .

Agreed.

Safe journeys, Wendy.

Message boards, like anything change. They ebb and flow, and if you think it's all perfect, just wait and it will change. If you hate it, just hold on, it will change again. But change is inevitable. And if you don't like how things are going, you can stay around and be part of the change to something better.
Still, overall, ScubaBoard remains the best place there is to discuss scuba diving. The collective knowledge of this board is without compare, and I never fail to learn - and become a better diver - from the posts.
For those of you who stay, through thick and thin, through changes and when you disagree with how the board is being run, for those of you who continue to post and help other divers grow and become better, I say, from me personally, Thank You.
Wendy will be missed, and it's too bad she's leaving. I hope she will come back some day. But in the mean time, can we move this thread over to whine & cheese and get back to posting about diving?

I agree with Rick ... sorry to see you go Wendy, but this thread doesn't really belong in Basic Scuba Discussions.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

you've gotta love the "holier than thou" attitude....

Yup, that's the best way to deal with something that you don't like... don't use it. Epitaph not necessary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom