Got a dumb question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm, good to know. I just broke it in my hand as I had no desire to put a welt on my neck!

That said, I put the two ends under the zip tie. It stays there nicely. When the reg is pulled on hard, the tubing simply slides under the zip tie and comes free without having to break. It stretches, but pretty quickly comes out.

I'm afraid to try that with the bungie.

-P

Web Monkey:
I'd be amazed if anybody could break new, non-degraded surgical tubing.

The last roll I bought was rated for a minimum 750% stretch before breaking, which would mean that a 1 ft piece of tubing would go to at least 7 1/2 feet, which is generally longer than most people's reach.

Terry

[/I]

hmmmm, I never thought about the mouthpiece coming off. That's not good in an emergency situation, but then again, wouldn't one get strangled if a diver came over and grabbed the alternate while around your neck? (just trying to understand as I've never seen this before).

What other uses does surgical tubing have? I'm going to Wallmart this weekend to complete my Save a Dive Kit.

P.S. For those interested...Keep safety pins on hand as well. I learned that when the top of my bikini broke on the boat on time. Talk about diving topless, lol :hyper:

No, the alternate is held on by the tubing. It like someone grabbing a chain from around your neck. A slight tug, and it comes free. However we don't donate the octopus. We donate our primary. The octupus is there for OUR use.

Since I don't wear bikini's I'll pass on the safety pins!

When I first got my OW I had my primary on a bungee, the fear of loosing it for the poorly trained is the reason...

Then I had cavern training... :D

Whenever I get narc'ed I get the feeling its going to pop out so I put my hand over the reg... I wish I knew why..

Back
Top Bottom