Got my Rescue Diver !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trixxie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Yea! Passed my Rescue Diver class yesterday - me and ScubaOtter (on this board) were in the same class - it was a great class - Now on to DIVEMASTER.

dude!

very nice ... that's a great class

H2Andy:
dude!

very nice ... that's a great class

Is it proper to call a woman "dude?" :D Anyway, congratulations!!

Congrats ...been a while but I will NEVER forget that last weekend of scenarios.

'Slogger

Mauigal: many congratulations! I am doing it next week and am a bit freaked out cause there seems to be a surprise diving accident scenario as part of the practical part of the exam, that we should try to solve using all the practical skills learnt durign the course. Was the same for you? My instructor says also that we will be evaluated during the simulation as a group (there are four of us), do you think we should beforehand assign some roles?

Thanks for any info or tips you could provide me with,

Jan, The Netherlands

ps: was the theory a multiple choice or open questions?

well done, great course to complete. Gets harder as you go up the levels but also gets better and better. Keep at it.

Jan Wesseling:
Mauigal: many congratulations! I am doing it next week and am a bit freaked out cause there seems to be a surprise diving accident scenario as part of the practical part of the exam, that we should try to solve using all the practical skills learnt durign the course. Was the same for you? My instructor says also that we will be evaluated during the simulation as a group (there are four of us), do you think we should beforehand assign some roles?

Thanks for any info or tips you could provide me with,

Jan, The Netherlands

ps: was the theory a multiple choice or open questions?

theory? test? it was multiple choice. I kinda rushed through it and made a couple of dumb mistakes, but as long as you have read the book and reviwed it after reading it you should have no problem.

We did 4 scenarios + some other exercises. There were 3 in our class. we each had to run (be in charge of) 1 scenario but had to participate or take direction in all parts of the class. I was real nervous on the way to the dive. I felt like I didn't rememeber anything from class, but the training from our pool session and class kicked in when it came down to it. we didn't preplan a course of action since we really didn't know what we were in for once we got to the dive site. Just keep a cool head and don't panic, remember your training and you should do fine. when it was all over and done I wasn't sure why I was so nervous to begin with. Maybe the "unknown" factor? there was an AOW there too doing their checkout dives and the inst said they were nervous. I thought why? that stuff was a piece of cake but I am sure I was nervous when I did my AOW dives too. let us know how it goes!

goed geluk

Back
Top Bottom