Got my Rescue Diver !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mauigal:
Yea! Passed my Rescue Diver class yesterday - me and ScubaOtter (on this board) were in the same class - it was a great class - Now on to DIVEMASTER.

Why on to Divemaster when you could go DSAT? :D

Jan Wesseling:
Mauigal: many congratulations! I am doing it next week and am a bit freaked out cause there seems to be a surprise diving accident scenario as part of the practical part of the exam, that we should try to solve using all the practical skills learnt durign the course. Was the same for you? My instructor says also that we will be evaluated during the simulation as a group (there are four of us), do you think we should beforehand assign some roles?

Thanks for any info or tips you could provide me with,

Jan, The Netherlands

ps: was the theory a multiple choice or open questions?

The theory is multi choice.

The scenarios can be tough. On one exercise myself and another rescuer 'died' after both trying to give artificial respiration to someone who's face was covered with box jellyfish tentacles. Of course, we didn't really expect this in Blijkpolder. Still, keep a pocket mask handy in case you get this one...

Congratulations, mauigal....I hope to get mine soon, as well! :)

Lots of money on equipment to go deep for 20 min and spend 3 hours coming up. Yeah, right. Do the DM and instructor thing. Congrats.

Charlie59:
Lots of money on equipment to go deep for 20 min and spend 3 hours coming up.

Roger that - Lugging 1 tank + gear is about my limit, can't imagine 3 or 4 tanks or more + all the additional gear... WHEW!!
Tec_diver%20300.jpg

Charlie59:
Lots of money on equipment to go deep for 20 min and spend 3 hours coming up. Yeah, right. Do the DM and instructor thing. Congrats.

It can be worth it. Here where I live some of the best dives are in the North Sea in the 35-40m range. With basic equipment you have perhaps 5 mins at most on a wreck and even then all you're doing is instrument watching.

Tec diving techniques can give you some proper time on wrecks at that depth with less than an hour to surface with accelerated deco gasses.

I guess it depends mostly on what you want to dive.

20 minutes at 45 mtrs. About an hour in the water using accelarated deco. Good place to start on the Tec side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom