Grand Cayman Shore Dive with Carnival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

molina67

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just return from my 5 day cruise with Carnival's Paradise. My wife and I decided to do a shore dive through Carnival because time was limited and wanted to make sure if the weather turned bad I would get reimbursed. We are new divers and this was our first ocean dive. My wife usually takes a few minutes to get comfortable before she goes under, but this time she could not wait. The instructor that took us out was awesome. She took a woman that was a little nervous and got her comfortable and under with not problems. The depth was 50 feet and the total bottom time was 40 minutes. The coral was beautiful and the fish were plenty. The LDS that Carnival uses is Don Foster's. for $69.00 they supply everything all the equipment you need, but we took our equipment minus BCD just because we know our equipment. The dive was on the 26th of January and the water temp was 81 degrees so our 2.5 mm shorties was perfect. For new divers this is a great dive slow and steady. The water was calm when we got in but the seas got rough at the end. I was okay until we surfaced and then I began to get sick, so I exited quickly. Can't wait to do it again.

Glad to hear you had a great time. Now that she is comfortable with the water...try the shore diving at Sunset House next time.
Last year We walked there from the boat...about a mile...dove two tanks..had a great lunch...then walked back (a little tuffer with wet gear a taxi might have been a better idea). A nice inexpensive day of very enjoyable shore diving.

Will give them a try next time I'm in the Caymans.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom