Greetings from a small pacific island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy! :sunny

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don
:D

IslandHopper:
Hello neighbor !

I'm just a bit south of you in Guam ... ever make it here to dive ?
Hey, that's great! No I've never been diving there, have not been diving anywhere but Saipan and Palau. How is it the diving there, from your experience? :06:

It's great ... lots of good sites, some are crowded (lots of tourists) others are not ... there are enough local divers that MDA (and probably other shops) has boats/trips that cater to locals rather than tourists ... these tend to go to quieter and/or more challenging sites.
Give a holler if you come down this way !

Hey thank you Mr. MB Moderator! That's cool, you were in the islands? What happened on you night dive in Yap, what part were you diving in? It's nice to talk to someone who actually knows parts of Micronesia.

IslandHopper,
You know I was just in Guam a couple of weeks ago, it's too bad I didn't find this site 'til now. How is the visibility at most of the dive spots. Can you name a few of your favorite ones?

DandyDon:
Howdy! :sunny

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don
:D

Sorry, I'm still trying to get the hang of this posting site. It's my first. I will find my profile and complete it. No confusion or vagueness intended. Thanks for the tip!

Hmm ... inside the Harbour, 40-60 feet is average, outside the reef, we consider 100 feet to be poor visibility :)

Blue Hole and Crevice are the two most popular sites with tourists but they are visually spectacular sites... so well worth diving. Both are 60' - 150+
I also like the "Boulder Alley" area (house-size boulders fallen from the cliffs above ... lots of critters including the occasional shark, turtle, or ray. 40' sloping to 1000+'
Tokai Maru and Cormoran are two shipwrecks ... one from WW1, and one from WW2 that are actually touching each other ... historically significant and also easy wrecks to dive ... 60' - 160' ?
Ther are also numerous reefs to dive with lots of corals, fish, etc... Haps Reef, Pete's Reef, Gab Gab, Hidden Reef .......
Shore diving is also available ... Fish-Eye, Piti Channel, Gun Beach, Family Beach are all that I've done from the shore but you can realistically walk out over the reef almost ANYwhere on the west side of the island.

I've snorkled at the PIC on Saipan, very similiar to Guam inside the reef. Never been outside the reef on Saipan, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom