Greetings from Germany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've heard of great diving off the coast of Spain so I'm sure that will make it into my travel plans this summer. Egypt sounds like a great idea as well so I thank you for the suggestion. Have you been diving in Egypt?

I'm a DoD civilian, and have spent a total of over 10 years (active duty and civilian) in Germany. Last tour was 1998-2002, in Southern Bavaria.

Before that, right after our first kid was born, we took a dive trip to southern France (Hyeres) to go diving in the summer of 1991. The water wasn't as warm as I would have expected, and the interesting stuff was pretty deep (>60 ft).

We then took a 13-year break until our first kid was 14 and old enough to get certified. That was in 2004, and we were stationed with the U.S. Embassy in Warsaw, Poland. We got him his PADI OWD training there, then took our first diving trip down to Egypt. Makadi, just south of Hurghada. He did his certification dives there.

The next year we did the same with our daughter.

Then I got deployed. But we went down again (to Dahab this time) the year after that.

Great, great trips. We did each one in the European tradition -- two weeks at a time. :D Easy charter flights direct from Warsaw; German charter companies do the same thing. Considering how long it would take you to get to the Red Sea from the States, you can't beat those European charters with a stick.

And it's hard to beat the diving.

Willkommen in Scubaboard, the water is cold in germany, hope you have a dry suite and a 7mm wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom