Greetings from Long Island+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverX

Registered
Reaction score
I signed up here a while ago but haven't really had a chance to take a good look around until recently. It sure is a nice place to visit. I realized I haven't said hello either, where are my manners!

My name is George but my friends call me DiverX cause that's what my NY licence plate says. I'm a Pharmacist in a 550 bed teaching hospital on Long Island. I am the Supervisor of the IV lab which means all those bags hanging on patients in here come through me. My better half Louise (Weezy) is also a Pharmacist in the same place but different area. We have our OW and AOW and will be taking a TDI Nitrox course soon, it's already booked but a month or so away, not sure why we waited so long.

We're heading for Curacao in June (may do the Keys in April for a few days) then Cozumel in November. It's been a long hard winter here at work, short staffed but hopefully we'll get out to the Keys in April like I said. I have a website wit a few photos and a couple of trip reports if you would like to drop in for a visit.

http://www.decamp.net

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this site, I know how tough it can be but it is fun.

Until we talk again,

George

I'm glad to see you here. Looking forward to those Curacao photos!

Hello George, welcome to the family here at Scubaboard. Let Weezy know we said hi too!

Welcome to this little pond, you'll like it here.

Hello George and Weezy welcome aboard! Glad to see you finally made the time to say hello .everyone here is just great to talk with. this is one of the most informative boards out there.Freindly too!Well drop us a line........from scubaman and the scubawidow.

DiverX (George) & Wheezy (Louise) -- Welcome. Dive in and have fun. The stuff you learn here is awesome. The people are great too.

The Jeffersons,

Welcome to the board, feel free to ask any question that you may have and we will do our darndest to come up with an answer. And feel free to join in any of the conversations your .02 here is worth much more.

ID

Thanks folks!

Some familar names I see! :)

Appreciate the welcome messages and will try and stop in when I can. On a night like this during a NY blizzard seems like a good excuse. Oh to be in 60ft of clear warm tropical water...sigh.

Hey X, did the weather up there get as bad as 'they' said it would? Hope you took your jammies and new dive rag to the hospital with ya!

Hi Dee!

Out here on Long Island we got close to a foot. I got in to work this AM at 7 and it was snowing, still is. My best guess when I got out to my car was 10+ inches in the driveway been snowing ever since so the foot guess is a safe one. Not quite as bad as they said but not as good as I'd like! :)

Not sure why they just didn't shut down the hospital and give us the day off...shrug.:)

I did bring in a book I just got a few days ago off the Internet. Book is called "The Silent World" by J.Y. Cousteau. Maybe you've heard of him? picked it up for $10 and it's in perfect shape, gotta love Amazon.com. It's been out of print for quite some time too. Now if I get a chance later and get stuck here I'll find a quiet corner when I can and.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom