Grrr... So hard to get out diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in the Baltimore area. There are 2 quarries I frequent- Millbrook Quarry in Haymarket, VA (did my OW dives there) and Bainbridge Quarry in Bainbridge, PA (have a season pass there). It can get cold but it is a place to practice skills and try to work on my buoyancy issues (a whole other conversation).
A lot of the LDS have weekend trips for ocean dives at Ocean City , MD and Cape Hatteras. Let them know you will be going alone, and they will buddy you with someone or have a 3 person buddy team. I do know they recommend advanced OW for Hatteras. Jusy a positive thought- Hatteras is in the Gulf Stream and is warmer than those quarries.
I bet if you decide to take a class out here, you will be able to find some people you could buddy with and exchange numbers.
Good luck.
Diana

Tbg, i live in maryland how is the vis out in deleware? I would like to find a place to dive but maryland diving bites.

It was my first time diving in Delaware, so I don't know what the average viz is, but on this particular day it was about 25 feet (which is excellent for the northeast).

...I live in VA and we dive Rawlings and Millbrook a lot. We are putting a trip together for August 3-4 that will be either Delaware or VA beach.

Where do you dive in MD?

Loks like you are on the right track with LDS's and clubs.

Almost every LDS in the Boston area has DM-led/coordinated group shore dives every Saturday, Sunday or both. Same with area clubs. This way if my regular buddies ditch me, I have some other options. This often pairs you up with mystery buddies you know nothing about....but I guess it's better than not diving (most of these dives are at shallow shore sites)

Good luck!

Hi O-ring, I don't... Yet.

Hopefully I'll be going to check out bainbridge this weekend.

I live about 10 miles outside of dc lake rawlings is about 3 hours away. I have never dove it . I thought i would never find some maryland divers. I am looking for a local dive buddy. I am also looking for someone to take aow with. They want you to have it for the outer banks i want to dive there.

Aqua,
I live about 5 miles outside of DC (but in VA)..Millbrook is only about 30 mins from me and Rawlings is about 3 hours. Rawlings is worth the drive if you have the time...vis is immensely better, they have a compressor and tanks, and it is a bit warmer (and shallower).

I have DIRF in Raleigh, NC this weekend and am heading to Wilmington the weekend after, but anytime you (or anyone else in this area) are looking for people to hang out at a local quarry with let me know...I know a few and am always looking for an excuse to dive.

Where did you do your OW and where are you doing AOW?

Hi ring, i heard lake rawlings is better than alot of the quarrys around here. I did my o/w in islamorada. I really want to hook up with you and other locals to dive with if your in arlington i'm not far from you. Mike said columbia scuba had a great instructor. Thats not far from me so i might use them for my advanced. Stay in touch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom