Grrr... So hard to get out diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me too :D

Sillygrendel,

See how easy that was? Ya just gotta put yourself out there.

Glad things worked out!!

I might try to get this weekend also but there are thunderstorms forecast so maybe not.

Originally posted by tbg
It was my first time diving in Delaware, so I don't know what the average viz is, but on this particular day it was about 25 feet (which is excellent for the northeast).

If you do the area of the artifical reefs, Algol, stolt, Coney Island ect, 20-30 is pretty common(and that area the water is usually warmer than other areas).. I have had much better than that.. The further offshore wrecks are usually better.. I'm doing the Frank Buck aka South wreck out of Long Island this Saturday with Dan Berg, viz on that wreck is usually 50-60.. It sits in 150 feet of water and the debris field is usually visable by the time you reach 90 ft.

Hi, I too have the buddy challenge but thanks to the boards I met MSILVIA and SPECTRE in the general New England and they indulged me. They were great people and good buddies. I was leary of meeting people off the internet but had an initial meet and greet w/MSILVIA and he put my fears at ease. I basically interviewed him in his skills, dives logged and knowledge which was obivously more advanced than mine so I got lucky. Hopefully you will too. There are also trips on this board like meeting up in the Keys for Fantasy Fest and stuff like that you can participate in. I, like you, want to get out there and dive to work on skills and keep it going!

. . . consider boats out of Indian River Inlet near Reboboth, DE. Viz can range from 0 to 25, and expect current, and start the Dramamine well before diving if you are so inclined. Still, the boats know where the wrecks are. These boats generally require AOW.

Two boats doing this are Surface Interval (which I did last week) and Fiesta (which I'll do this week). Let me know if you can't find their websites.

I've heard of the SI. Never been diving out of OC though. Might try and get up there in 2 weeks!

Still in the process of moving... Hope to finish today!

Matt

I've heard of the SI. Never been diving out of OC though.

One of my buddies dives off of the SI from time to time and likes it. Remember to bring two tanks (filled, of course) since they don't have a compressor on board and I don't know where the nearest dive shop is...

Good point, O-Ring, you need to bring two tanks or sit a dive out and miss that oportunity to 'hover.'

The nearest dive shop I know of is Delaware Dive Center in Milford Delaware off Route 16. They do air and Nitox refills and are open 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturdays (so they can dive, too). Milford is anywhere from about 25-ish min. to God-knows-how-long depending on the traffic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom