Gue DIR-F vs Naui intro to tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris -

Tavi is my dive buddy, and I've been trying to get him to come to the dark side for a while now. :D

The "crap" he speaks of is the same "crap" I speak of, the in-fighting, ect.

cmalinowski:
I don't think GUE diving is for everyone. So if you're not into it, that's cool. But don't give up on it because you read some threads or were on a boat where people bashed it. Human nature shows that lots of people who have been doing things a certain way, think that their way is best (or they wouldn't do it). Someone coming along and challenging that thought process can be damaging to someone's ego, and they tend to respond to that threat. Since I'm a relative noob to diving, I'm certain that my way isn't the best and I need to learn how to do it correctly :D. GUE is helping me learn how I want to dive. That works for me.

Good luck in your decisions, and safe diving.

Chris
Nicely put!!

cmalinowski:
Most people who have taken the class feel rather humbled when they watch themselves on the video and sometimes that comes across wrong in postings on the internet. Additionally, some people who are new and excited go out and tout the benefits of GUE diving and it comes across as evangelical or worse (guilty of it myself).

Someone coming along and challenging that thought process can be damaging to someone's ego, and they tend to respond to that threat. Since I'm a relative noob to diving, I'm certain that my way isn't the best and I need to learn how to do it correctly :D. GUE is helping me learn how I want to dive. That works for me.

Good luck in your decisions, and safe diving.

Chris

Very well put... I've been slammed plenty of times because I gave the DIR answer and now I'm reluctant to post because people have put me down... So now if anyone wants to know about DIR I'll converse via PM. Seems there are too many lurkers trying to learn DIR thru SB. So take the class..... Either DIR-F or Intro to Tech thru AG either one will get you on the path.... whether you walk down it is up to you :14:

Ben_ca:
I've been slammed plenty of times because I gave the DIR answer and now I'm reluctant to post because people have put me down... So now if anyone wants to know about DIR I'll converse via PM.
No, the Right :D way is to post the answer and ignore posts that are not consistent with forum policy.

Let's turn it around for a change.

How many of you GUE certified divers have taken a NAUI Tech class??
Maybe you shouldn't be bashing NAUI without trying it first!!

I have the NAUI Standards. I do not have the GUE Standards to compare.
I have been told that at the upper levels Cave, Trimix, Etc. That the standards are the same with one exception. NAUI uses the RGBM Tables, GUE does not.

Tavi:
Let's turn it around for a change.

How many of you GUE certified divers have taken a NAUI Tech class??

I have been told that at the upper levels Cave, Trimix, Etc. That the standards are the same with one exception. NAUI uses the RGBM Tables, GUE does not.
I know Tim O'leary had conversations with JJ. I attended one of the NAUI Tec gear configuration workshops on So. Padre that Tim ran.
Bill

Tavi:
Maybe I've missed something but I haven't noticed NAUI bashing.

Tavi:
This can be easily obtained from www.gue.com

Tavi:
You've been told wrong. There are diferences in the equipment configuration, team focused diving approach, decompresion approach, etc.

MonkSeal:
Maybe I've missed something but I haven't noticed NAUI bashing.

This can be easily obtained from www.gue.com

You've been told wrong. There are diferences in the equipment configuration, team focused diving approach, decompresion approach, etc.

I don't think I was told wrong as:

I'll check the standards when I have time.

Equipment configuration for my NAUI tec class was from GUE standards.
The aproach was team focused.
Like I said above Deco was different as NAUI uses the RGBM Tables.

So what was wrong??

MonkSeal:
.............[snip].........

You've been told wrong. .................[snip]............

This is the kind of stuff that turns people off to GUE/DIR
Telling me I'm wrong before you know the facts.

If you are trained GUE, my NAUI Tec Instructor (who is the one that told me that) used to dive with your tec Instructors Boss and His Buddy.
Seems that because of this there would be more similarities than differences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom