GUE Rec Triox Trip Report: Something may go wrong…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrpai once bubbled...
I assume you mean he asked you which ones you would like him to spam for you.

Funny how you know his name and no one else does. As for rec.scuba, word has it you were instructed not to visit there anymore.

Chris,

This will be my final comment to you on this issue.

Anyone who is on the Quest list knows his name because he also posted the trip report their so please leave the conspiracy theories for rec.scuba.. BTW, only on rec.scuba is a post about a class that has already been completed considered Spam. Most other lists actually like the idea that it's user's post about trip reports, classes and things that have to do with diving. Rec.scuba would rather debate gun control, politics and anything except actual diving..

Lastly, I decided that rec.scuba is no longer worth spending time on because that list has gotten so far away from anything that I feel is productive. I travel a lot for both business and scuba, I have a ful time job and my allocation of time is better spent elsewhere.. Please don't try to sink the level of this list to that of rec.scuba..

Later

Tyson- Welcome to the board. Thanks for taking the time to report in such detail. I'll be looking forward to hearing more as you move forward with your training.

Scott

Thanks to those who appreciated my post. Sorry if cross posting is viewed poorly, I had just read a lot about DIR-F and the Triox class on this board, that I thought it would be a good idea to contribute here as well.

chrpai once bubbled...
I assume you mean
Funny...in this case it looks like you only made an @$$ out of .... YOU

And how is it that everyone knows your name...I sure only know it b/c it's in your tag line...And yeah...you've been here for years right...how many is it now, 4 or 5...I can't remember....go back to rec.scuba and find someone who cares about your dribble.

hijumpr once bubbled...
Thanks to those who appreciated my post. Sorry if cross posting is viewed poorly, I had just read a lot about DIR-F and the Triox class on this board, that I thought it would be a good idea to contribute here as well.
It's a good idea to post your trip reports where you see fit. It is certainly beneficial here...Frankly, it's a great report, and not everyone is everywhere....I liked it, and am now looking forward to getting signed up for a TriOx class in the future...as this is the first "successful" experience I've read about...

Between 80 and 130 ft does "DIR" recommend you use triox to complete those dives? This is what I got from the post, and I don't know if I am misinterpreting this info or not.

radagalf once bubbled...
Between 80 and 130 ft does "DIR" recommend you use triox to complete those dives? This is what I got from the post, and I don't know if I am misinterpreting this info or not.
MHK can say for sure...but from my DIR-F, this is what I got out of the class for recommended gasses...

0 to 100....EANx 32

80 to 130....Trimix 30/30

There's a grey area between 80 and 100 where gas selection left up to the diver for a number of reasons that we didn't go into....frankly...I hope to learn more about gas selection soon.

radagalf once bubbled...

The range between 80' - 100' is a somewhat overlapping range, meaning that depending on what type of dive you are doing a Nitrox 32% may very well be more appropriate. For example, if I were doing a Cayman-like 90' reef dive, with no currents, in a 3-mil and an AL 80 I'd likely choose a Nitrox 32%. If I were doing a 90' dive, wreck penetration, with doubles, drysuits, strong currents, cold water etc. I may choose a 30/30 Triox..

Hope that helps..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom