GUE Rec Triox Trip Report: Something may go wrong…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really don't mind reading recounting of training or interesting dives, posted by others - it gives me a glimpse into facets of the diving world that I have not, or may not for a while, experience.

Let's not quash a little creativity. It takes guts to post experiences.

Paid for it? Damn I wish I was! For what I've chunked out on diving this year, that would be nice. Everyone, thanks for defending my first post, but there are folks like the gentleman from Houston in every crowd. Don't sweat it, I sure don’t. Now I have 3 posts! Do I get the set of steak knives for 10?

chrpai once bubbled...
The fact remains when some newbie pops his head in with 1 post and no profile, posting a "trip report" (which sounds alot more like a testimonial/paid advertisement to me) that its pretty damn suspicious and sickening. It just gets to be a real joke.

I'm sorry Chris, but there is nothing suspicious about any of this. The only joke is your continued insistance that some is up.

Especially since last time this happenend the guy who posted later was caught copying and pasting from another website and pawning it off as his own trip report.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you have a link?

'nuff said.

Enough was said before you even started typing.

chrpai once bubbled...
I don't really give a damn what all the zealots think they know about me, or think about me. The fact remains when some newbie pops his head in with 1 post and no profile, posting a "trip report" (which sounds alot more like a testimonial/paid advertisement to me) that its pretty damn suspicious and sickening. It just gets to be a real joke. Especially since last time this happenend the guy who posted later was caught copying and pasting from another website and pawning it off as his own trip report.

But I guess to all of you, the ends justifies the means.

'nuff said.

Well some people, contrary to us, use their free time to dive and take courses instead of posting stuff on the web....What's the difference if a poster has 1 or 1000 posts...does that make his/her post less valuable... does that indicate that they have less informative diving experiences to share? Maybe if you would get off your high horse and go diving a bit more you'd be able to contribute in a constructive way...just a thought... BTW I still don't undersand why people get so upset with DIR folks...if you don't like what they preach....don't listen, I'm sure MHK and others have no problems with that. At least DIR and GUE offer an alternative / options. Since when is having more options a bad thing! Enough time wasted here...

FreeFloat once bubbled...

Surely you didn't join the board having multiple posts already racked up??

Besides the poster named the instructor, a member of this board, who further backed up the original poster's story. Get a clue.

No my first post was: (you can look this up if you want)

"Looking to go diving this weekend and need a buddy. Anyone going Saturday AM?"

Rather then jumping right on to one of the most debated topics I did a little meet and greet and s tarted diving with people.

And I don't see how his reference holds up. Of course MHK would be in a GUE class report. Of course he would vouch for the guy. Wouldn't you vouch for your own sock puppet?

chrpai once bubbled...

Rather then jumping right on to one of the most debated topics I did a little meet and greet and s tarted diving with people.

And I don't see how his reference holds up. Of course MHK would be in a GUE class report. Of course he would vouch for the guy. Wouldn't you vouch for your own sock puppet?

O.K...

1 - how do you figure he is jumping in on a heated debate by posting a trip report for a class....He never did any agency bashing or trolling, just gave a record of events as he encountered it.

2 - I don't care what your first post was...besides you said you've been here for years, and everyone knows you name...any proof of that?

3 - Why can't you just admit you F-d up and now you're being called out to provide some sort of proof to back your claim...please show us how hijumpr from TX is a sockpuppet for a GUE instructor from CA....provide me some ip addresses....show me something.

4 - go back to rec.scuba where you can enjoy bashing others.

chrpai once bubbled...

For crying out loud, Painter! Drop already would ya?

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

2 - I don't care what your first post was...besides you said you've been here for years, and everyone knows you name...any proof of that?

The fact that I keep calling him "Painter" or "Chris" could be mistaken as "proof"...

:D

chrpai once bubbled...

So before it was a paid advertisement. Now its an MHK sockpuppet... What'll it be tomorrow?

Just a bit paranoid, eh?

Just for giggles, do you believe that men have been to the moon? Or that there was a second, possibly CIA, gunman on the grassy knoll?

You zealots are amusing as anything in a comedy club.

BTW, why would MHK need to be in a GUE class report? In case you haven't heard, there are other GUE instructors. In fact, there is this whole organization called GUE. Or do you believe that GUE is also an MHK sockpuppet?

Your rants play well on rec.scuba, but not here.

Hey guys, I am new to the board and new to diving. I enjoyed the report, it gives me ideas about what could lay ahead for me or at least what others are doing in the field. I appreciate the report and a look inside something I am just now hearing about.

And as a side note, Chrpai, you seem a little jealous of this person's first post. I know I am only a therapist and all but your reaction doesn't seem to match the "offense". Just an observation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom