Guess it - Win it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sweet! All those years of watching The Price is Right have paid off.
There are a lot of creative names but I think out of all of the guesses, Lowvis' answer is my favorite.
Hi,
I am glad to report that we have completed the development of monOx and are now ready to ship your prize. Please send email to customer.service@divenav.com with your name & address and link to this thread.
Meanwhile, you can start getting familiar with monOx by reading the monOx User Manual

but for $70 more you can get the cootwo which does O2 as well?

Yup - so if the extra $70 is not a problem, the Cootwo is a good value and the way to go. It measures O2 and CO at the same time (so you don't analyze twice).

...and the sensors in them can last longer than advertised!

Edit: Hmm well I guess now the site says sensors are good for 2 years. I guess they must have changed because my cootwo is just under 18 months old and it's complaining about expired sensors.

Yes.
But, divers not diving Nitrox are not interested in paying $70 for something they do not use.

Yes.
But, divers not diving Nitrox are not interested in paying $70 for something they do not use.

There have been a few threads in which someone suggested it would be a good practice to check whether the "air" in tanks filled by places that also fill Nitrox is really 21%. If a diver is conscientious enough to check for CO--something I admit I do not presently do--then maybe that kind of diver would also want to check that their air is really air?

...and the sensors in them can last longer than advertised! .....
The life of an Oxygen sensor is difficult to estimate as it might be affected by several factors such as usage, exposure to a gas with high content of Oxygen, temperature, humidity .....
Also, an Oxygen sensor does not die immediately but slowly degrades over time.
We recommend to replace the factory installed Oxygen sensor every 12 months. But, if you are in the middle of a dive trip you can simply extend the life of the sensor for a few days either via the SMART analyzer User Interface (available in Nitroxbuddy2 and cootwo shipped after May 1st, 2017) or via the My Nitroxbuddy app.
Please note that it is YOUR responsibility to set the sensor life correctly. The SMART Analyzer only provides you a reminder but it has absolutely no knowledge if the lifetime you entered is correct for the O2 sensor you are using.
More info HERE

...Edit: Hmm well I guess now the site says sensors are good for 2 years. .
Where do we say that the life of our O2 sensor is 2 years?

Yes.

I would disagree with this.. In today's dive environment, I don't think its safe for an 'air' diver to just assume their tank contains 21% unless they own the tank and never break the chain of custody, so to speak. banked nitrox is becoming very common, and green banded tanks are not universally required.

Somebody could return a rented tank that got a nitrox fill, and a shop could just top it off with air, and you might never know you were diving a higher po2. Now, most divers staying within rec limits will be ok.. but if you are getting in the habit of testing every tank for co.. then.....

I am sure this new co sensor will be great for some divers.. But I will be ordering a cootwo here soon when the sensor on my current analyzer expires.

**I was sure hoping for a Coothree... for the He... :)

Yes.

Can I not replace the O2 sensor in a cootwo and use it as a CO sensor?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom