Guess the identity of The Ignored Member Who Must Not Be Named

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since this thread has been resurrected...

I have noticed that since the ignoring of The Ignored One Who Shall Not Be Named, I've noticed that that person's posts don't even end up being quoted or responded to so it would seem that although people may not have officially hit the ignore button, there is definitely ignoring going on :D

Btw, I'd love a real life ignore button, but I'm in customer service and I think it might be bad for business :p

Rachel

But was the ignored one being quoted before?

It seems to me that someone who has earned an ignore is rarely worth quoting with the possible exception of pointing out how stupid a comment is, which could, in our politically correct, no flaming allowed climate, be interpreted as inflamatory.

This user does seem to have a couple "followers" but I see more people openly ridiculing them (only because I see the quoted parts) because of the constant lack of value added to most threads. Again, I am sure some people think this person walks on water and see value in their posts, but more and more it seems do not.

Last edited:
I see what you did there :)

Btw, I'd love a real life ignore button, but I'm in customer service and I think it might be bad for business :p

Rachel

Me too but i'd rather have that Staples "Easy" button .... it would cover more ground. Mr or Mrs butthead customer starts giving you a hard time, you hit the button and they turn into the nicest, lowest maintenance, best paying customer in the history of modern man. I would really like an Easy button ........

On this thread, ignore is like a "super charged" detent feature for boards like this. It works in more than one direction and has infinite potential degrees of freedom. Whoever thought it up was a message board genius.

Here's a clue to "He who must be ignored".

1. He contributes nothing of substance to any thread. He must be a SCUBA newbie. He never answers or provides useful info. Just pointless comments guaranteed to stir things up. You'll never hear yourself say: "Wow, that was good information" after reading his posts.
2. He posts a lot. I'm willing to wager a winnow that he has probably posted more times than anyone else in the past four months. He must be retired or out of a job to sustain his daily quota of garbage.
3. He tries to be funny but he's not. His attempts at jokes are pathetic. Very surprisingly, some people love them...

1. He contributes nothing of substance to any thread. He must be a SCUBA newbie. He never answers or provides useful info. Just pointless comments guaranteed to stir things up. You'll never hear yourself say: "Wow, that was good information" after reading his posts.
2. He posts a lot. I'm willing to wager a winnow that he has probably posted more times than anyone else in the past four months. He must be retired or out of a job to sustain his daily quota of garbage.
3. He tries to be funny but he's not. His attempts at jokes are pathetic. Very surprisingly, some people love them...

Sounds like half of the people on SB. :D

Sounds like half of the people on SB. :D

HEY!! I resemble that remark.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom