Guests of Sunscape, Secrets & Residencias Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Figures my wife found the next place she wants to stay at is an RR condo. I just asked the manager of the booking to clarify what's going on. Would be nice for our son to be able to (hopefully) find teens his own age. And cutting off 1hr in the boat...who hoo.

Our meeting with Sr. Guzman - Secrets manager is tomorrow - Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 3:00pm - I’ve emailed Dave of Aldora with no response - Dave isf you see this I hope you and or Memo can be there! We need everyone we can get! Maybe someone else can help relay the message to him :). Wish us luck tomorrow!

This was what I got from the manager of the RR condo we are looking at

Here is the answer from RR with regards to the pier. The pass can be picked up at the security hut upon entry to RR.

Here is the exact text of the rule change:

For access to the pier for diving or other use there is a charge of $2.00 dollars per person or $38 pesos person.

You need to purchase these tickets in advance at the security gate at the entrance to the complex.

If you do not purchase a ticket you will not be able to access the pier.

This change has been put in place by the hotel to assist in the costs of maintaining the pier in good operating condition.

If your diving with DIVE HOUSE OR DIVE PALANCAR you do not need to purchase a ticket as they have concessions in the hotel.

For ALL other dive companies you need to purchase a ticket unless they provide you with a ticket in advance.

Last edited:
This was what I got from the manager of the RR condo

Here is the answer from RR with regards to the pier. The pass can be picked up at the security hut upon entry to RR.

Here is the exact text of the rule change:

For access to the pier for diving or other use there is a charge of $2.00 dollars per person or $38 pesos person.

You need to purchase these tickets in advance at the security gate at the entrance to the complex.

If you do not purchase a ticket you will not be able to access the pier.

This change has been put in place by the hotel to assist in the costs of maintaining the pier in good operating condition.

If your diving with DIVE HOUSE OR DIVE PALANCAR you do not need to purchase a ticket as they have concessions in the hotel.

For ALL other dive companies you need to purchase a ticket unless they provide you with a ticket in advance.

I hope they mean US$2/day, not two bucks every time you walk out onto the pier.

I'm not going to stay at a place that charges me to walk on the dock.

Our meeting with Sr. Guzman - Secrets manager is tomorrow - Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 3:00pm - I’ve emailed Dave of Aldora with no response - Dave isf you see this I hope you and or Memo can be there! We need everyone we can get! Maybe someone else can help relay the message to him :). Wish us luck tomorrow!

Dear Christi, Sorry that we can't be there but I am in Utah on a Ski vacation with my 9 year old son (while he is out of school) and Memo's mother just died. Please do your best and we will support you when and how we can.

Dave

We booked it.

We’ve done the gamut of Coz stays.

AI back in ‘08( non divers) food was dreadful
El Cantil in ‘14
Alorda Villa ‘16/17
Casa back in the hood ‘17/18
RR Condo next Xmas/ Newyrs

Would have stayed at the casa again but it was booked out from under us LAST April, 21 months in advance!? Yikes. Will miss the cats, hope Joni gets better. Sad that someone who has hand raised 600 abandoned kittens on the island keeps getting struck by the dreaded big C. :(

Dear Christi, Sorry that we can't be there but I am in Utah on a Ski vacation with my 9 year old son (while he is out of school) and Memo's mother just died. Please do your best and we will support you when and how we can.

Dave

Thank you Dave! I just spoke to Memo
A little bit ago - so sorry for his loss

We are about 20 strong at this point with some big players and powerful voices!!!

We won’t give in because if we do every Hotel Will start following and we’ll be a constant battle!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom