Gulf bottom temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eandiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone been out in the last couple of days in 60' or more and can tell me what the current bottom temperatures are? The offshore buoys are reporting low to mid 70's and the coastal stations are in the mid 60's but those are surface temps.

I wasn't able to go today, but the others went out off Indian Rocks - depth was around 50 feet and the bottom temp was 71. I'll likely be out with them next week (weather providing), and will relay more then.

Did you get a chance to go out yet?

We're going out Saturday to the Mexican Pride with Capt Ty. Should be in the low 70's which translates into fresh water spring conditions and also means I have one more gulf dive in a wetsuit before going to my drysuit.

Don't count on that. I was at the Spanish Rocks yesterday and at 20 feet it was 68. Just keep that in mind. I would hate to see you not happy with your dive because you got too cold.

I was offshore doing red tide surveys southwest of New Pass out to 30 miles, and bottom temps in 100fsw were in the low 60's F, surface temps 68-70 F

The temps were low to mid 70's from 125' in to 80'. Vis wasn't that great, ranging from 20 or so at the Pride to 10 or less at the reef.

I have 72-73F for the Pride dives...the same for the reef but it sure felt a lot colder there.

Cheers.

-J.-

Did you notice the thermocline at the reef? Colder and clearer on top with warmer but cloudy water from around 30' to the bottom.

It was a little cleaner on the north end today. 20-25' vis on both the Blackthorn and a 65' reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom