Haigh Quarry Saturday May 23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How bout mask removal and navigating at the same time?

:shocked:

That might KILL me! I'm going to have nightmares now!:crying:

Seriously there are currently 2 skill swhere I have doubts myself:

1) Full Mask Removal, I just hate it. I know I need to practice it more and I'll get comfortable with it.

2) Underwater Nav

I look forward to getting a chance to accidently lead the group somewhere other than our planned destination!!!

Don't sweat it! Just keep diving - and practice. And it will come. And under the "this is WHY you do this" category ... today on our second dive I was fighting a mask that kept leaking. Ten minutes into the dive I tried clearing it and suddenly it REALLY starts flooding, and next thing I know, I'm holding my mask in my hand and can't see squat! Evidently I had the strap too high up.:dork2: Got it back on and continued the dive.

One thing for sure if you get lost in the Quarry you will always find something new. Happened to me last Summer looking for the Lark which i have seen lots of time s. Instead got lost and found the Dump Truck which i have never seen before.

*sigh* Good news/bad news. It looks like I'll be at Pearl Lake on the 23rd instead doing Rescue diver stuff. Yay for plowing forward through rescue...boo for not being able to meet up with everyone.

Next time...!

:wimper:

I have to be at the LDS on Saturday from 9am to Noon, taking Emergency First Responder so I can do Rescue Diver the following weekend...

Unfortunately since I'm 2 hours drive away I wouldn't be able to get to Haigh at a reasonable time.

Any chance of anyone else looking to get wet on Sunday the 24th instead/also?

:wimper:

I have to be at the LDS on Saturday from 9am to Noon, taking Emergency First Responder so I can do Rescue Diver the following weekend...

Unfortunately since I'm 2 hours drive away I wouldn't be able to get to Haigh at a reasonable time.

Any chance of anyone else looking to get wet on Sunday the 24th instead/also?

*sigh*

I wanna go play....but I'll still be up at Pearl Lake that day too. Rescue training the 23rd and play time on the 24th. I guess that's a good thing though as I really need to dive at Pearl more often and get a good feel of where everything is since I'll be doing my Divemaster training there.:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom