Halcyon Infinity good choice BP ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice rig.

(1) I hope that weight system works better at holding the pockets in than the old Halcyon one of the same design. All too often, the pocket would work its way out and dangle below the diver from the buckle, and the better your horizontal trim was the faster it happened. Something to keep an eye on.

(2) That is some seriously narrow assfloss posing as a crotch strap, and it looks like it's connected with a plastic buckle(?). Which is fine for keeping your rig in place...but don't try to use a scooter on it :wink:

Sexy!

But it does look like you got too many D rings and pads and shiet.....just saying.... LOL!

Sexy!

But it does look like you got too many D rings and pads and shiet.....just saying.... LOL!
I dont' understand the need of two D-rings on each side of the chest. More does not mean merrier!

I ordered it with the deluxe harness with padding :) yes, the 16lb pockets are clipped, and Velcro, before they can just dump weight. For the price I added in the 16lb pockets, but more then likely they will come off. I wanted them incase I wear a 5 mill in the winter. I'm going to use their smaller travel pockets more then likely . I love the wing, and the material it's made out of, and the SS lite BP is awesome. I'm very happy with it, can't wait to dive it. My new Alum 80's came in today also!

---------- Post added August 28th, 2014 at 10:32 PM ----------

Here's the harness I wanted. Yes, I know, it even has quick release buckles, lol, omg I'm killing all the techies here , lol. It's the deluxe for $120

https://www.divegearexpress.com/bcs/dr_bpw.shtml#1730

I ordered it with the deluxe harness with padding :) yes, the 16lb pockets are clipped, and Velcro, before they can just dump weight.

To be clear, I'm not talking about losing weight. Between the velcro holding the pocket itself closed, and the buckle holding the pocket to the harness pouch, that won't happen.

What can happen with pouches oriented that way, horizontally along the harness, and that have the buckle on the weight pocket and then connected to the harness pouch, is that the weight-filled pocket works its way out of the pouch because it's basically hanging open-mouth down in the water below you when you're in horizontal trim. Then the pocket, still full of weight, will dangle below you from the pouch that it's still buckled to. If this somehow has another means of retaining the pocket in the pouch and/or the buckle goes from one side of the pouch, through the end of the pocket, and then back onto the pouch (see current Halcyon ABC model for example)...that won't happen.

I think what you have is DiveRite Transplate harness, which I also started with.

Yes sir it is !

Right now now I have the STA on it, I ordered it that way. I'm also going to try it with it and without it

before I do any drift diving in the near future, once I get all my equipment in, I'll probably take a trip upto the springs one weekend, and try everything out in like Ginnie Springs even though it's all most 3 hours from me.

right now I'm still researching computers :)

I dont' understand the need of two D-rings on each side of the chest. More does not mean merrier!

I saw a local picture today of someone using both right chest D-rings on a SP Xtek or whatever rig as an octo holder. They have a purpose!

With DiveRite, their 2" crotch strap isn't any better. The webbing they use is very very stiff. You will feel it even with their neoprene cover.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom