Halcyon Prouduction, DIR, and ironic facts of life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

are living somewhere that only has one Coca Cola distributor, and he has been appointed by Halcyon. so what good is complaining to the distributor going to do????, so we all end up drinking Pepsi, but in fact we dont because we dont have pepsi here, we have doctor pepper.

The problem is the coke guy knows this so he can afford to be arrogant, Bloop has a point. We could buy coke mail order but if it comes with staples in it (ducks to avoid coke bottles being thrown at him, it was a j/k) then what do we do, get hit for another $40 to ship it back!

singapore is one of the cheapest places to buy scuba gear and so we are somewhat spoilt by good prices and good service, so when someone is not performing it gets noticed

ScottyK once bubbled...
Bloop- I'm sorry you got so put off at your local dealer, but am not sure if you're going in the right direction trying to fix it. Consider the following example:

You go into the local supermarket to buy a case of Coca Cola. When you get to the checkout counter, the cashier is a complete jerk to the point where you walk out without purchasing. Do you go to the cashier's boss and complain about it, or do you call Coke?

Assuming you go to complain and find out the cashier is also the owner of the market. Do you stop going to that market, or do you stop drinking Coke?

It's good that you gave JJ a heads up about the situation, but I think that 99% of your gripe should be with the dealer. Punish him by not giving him your business (which you already did) and find someone else to buy your Halcyon gear from. If not local, go mail order.

Scott

Finally!!!

One sane soul who understands what I meant!

Thanks Scott!

Nope, I wouldn't call the cashier's boss to complain about the cashier. But I happen to meet the boss at a party and mentioned it to him. The boss defended his staff (yeah, integrity). Then I reminded the boss that his company is not a social welfare organisation where staff can piss off customers and get away with it. The company is out to make money. Dont chase away money. Make the money happy and the money will bring more money to the company..... :)

Yes, I am actually still a little sore but I still like the Halcyon equipment range. Just that after coming to Scubaboard, then I realised that there is a real problem with the customer service.

And I also feel that Halcyon should have better mileage than what it deserves at the moment. But not with those dirty laundry still hanging out in the open.

Albion, that still doesn't mean that Coke is the one at fault :wink:

Believe me, I sympathize, but you can still get that case of coke via mail order in the meantime. The staple comment seems to indicate that you are putting too much value on a very small percentage of complaints loudly voiced. JJ stated that they don't use staples. That makes it a dealer issue. The solution is to carefully research which "dealer" you buy from. Ask people here for recommendations, and check on return policies (and get them in writing) before you order. That's all just being a smart consumer.

Trying to get someone else in your area to carry the gear you want, is also an option worth exploring.

detroit diver once bubbled...

I am as customer service oriented as you get, but I think you're asking too much from any manufacturer.

I represent 22 manufacturers from USA, France, Italy, Sweden, Germany and Spain. All high quality equipment. (That is why I like high quality products)

That is my everyday practise. I instill this level of service from my dealers or else they get a lunch appt with me.

I am not asking too much... just Mr JJ to just do a little something for a small country of Singapore.

:)

Bloop once bubbled...

Nope, I wouldn't call the cashier's boss to complain about the cashier. But I happen to meet the boss at a party and mentioned it to him. The boss defended his staff (yeah, integrity). Then I reminded the boss that his company is not a social welfare organisation where staff can piss off customers and get away with it. The company is out to make money. Dont chase away money. Make the money happy and the money will bring more money to the company..... :)

Again, I sympathize, but you need to read Detroit Divers last post :wink: I don't work in the dive industry, but I am an account manager who handles a couple of million annual dollars for a manufacturing company.

When you're dealing with that kind of volume, you have to be careful how you react to a few, or even a few dozen complaints. Sometimes people just don't get along for whatever reason. I have customer's who I've been dealing with for years, and are more like family. I've also been pulled from accounts that were going horribly. Maybe that dealer sold a ton of gear to hundreds of satisfied customers. My point is that as a single consumer, you only have so much leverage in a situation like this. Your best bet is to never give that guy any more business, and start figuring out another way to get the gear you want.

Because when you think about it, it's all about the diving anyway :wink:

Albion once bubbled...
are living somewhere that only has one Coca Cola distributor, and he has been appointed by Halcyon. so what good is complaining to the distributor going to do????, so we all end up drinking Pepsi, but in fact we dont because we dont have pepsi here, we have doctor pepper.

The problem is the coke guy knows this so he can afford to be arrogant, Bloop has a point. We could buy coke mail order but if it comes with staples in it (ducks to avoid coke bottles being thrown at him, it was a j/k) then what do we do, get hit for another $40 to ship it back!

singapore is one of the cheapest places to buy scuba gear and so we are somewhat spoilt by good prices and good service, so when someone is not performing it gets noticed

But the problem I had with the local was not with the dealer. It was with SE... know who are they??... who's next in the hierachy?

Maybe I am jumping the gun a little, could someone point me out to the International Sales Manager or APac Sales Manager? No don't bother.... I didnt even buy anything so what can I complain about. It was just convenience that JJ came on the board. NAH..

:eek:ut:

Okay, seriously, I am still contemplating the Halcyons. I just want to see how the outcome of this thread will be...will JJ do something about it??... will he ignore the whole issue and chuck it aside as a small percentage of the people who complains too much. It will tell me how much emphasis the company puts on people. The very people who trust their money in Halcyon's products.

Then I will decide whether to make my wish will be a reality or remain a wish.

:wink:

ScottyK once bubbled...

Again, I sympathize, but you need to read Detroit Divers last post :wink: I don't work in the dive industry, but I am an account manager who handles a couple of million annual dollars for a manufacturing company.

When you're dealing with that kind of volume, you have to be careful how you react to a few, or even a few dozen complaints. Sometimes people just don't get along for whatever reason. I have customer's who I've been dealing with for years, and are more like family. I've also been pulled from accounts that were going horribly. Maybe that dealer sold a ton of gear to hundreds of satisfied customers. My point is that as a single consumer, you only have so much leverage in a situation like this. Your best bet is to never give that guy any more business, and start figuring out another way to get the gear you want.

Because when you think about it, it's all about the diving anyway :wink:

Yes, I do get customers who made a ruckus like what happened here. And I am representing the manufacturers, so I had to be careful. Judgement is everything in this business.

And no you are wrong, it not all about diving. It is all about your life.

Bloop once bubbled...

And no you are wrong, it not all about diving. It is all about your life.

Then move on with your life, get your gear somewhere else, and go diving already :wink:

Yeah, got the TPII already and also the Oxycheq 45 and getting DR BP..

Just came back from diving in Bali 4 days ago.

Wanted to help Mr JJ. But seems like his greatest obstacles are his ardent fans...

no feedback=no change=no improvements=no innovations=stagnant

It is one thing to built quality equipment to compete in the industry.

It is also just as important to constantly improve on service.

Once you attain ISO or equivalent, you don't stop there.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom