Halcyon Prouduction, DIR, and ironic facts of life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis once bubbled...
My perspective on the whole DIR thing, though, is that GI destroys all the good he does with lectures like this as soon as he starts with the "Deathspiration" spiels and similar cracks. And lord knows, he launches into plenty of them.

So GI isn't the PR executive for DIR. That's nothing new.

The difference is, most of us just ignore it and focus on the important parts of diving. He has volumes to tell and a lot for us to learn.

He's not Winston Churchill. Get over it.

And based on the number of GUE classes that are happening all over the world, they're not suffering either.

And guess what? Other agencies are taking notice and promoting their so-called DIR classes in spite of the noise that bothers you.

Would a nicer "spokesman" further the cause? Probably. But then you would be bit*hing that there weren't enough instructors to teach the classes!

The major agencies are still teaching a continuous ascent from as deep as 130' all the way up to the 15' stop, 3 minutes there, then get out.
Unless you don't consider NAUI to be a "major" agency.

is very recent, and coincides with the RGBM table introduction.

So yes, there is change, but it comes very, very slowly.

Albion once bubbled...
i'm with Bloop.

now all i need to do is find out how much the oxycheq wings cost to ship, bloop?

Heh... just came back from Bali

PM me... I lend you the wings to try...

:)

You mentioned "bad days" for customers and manufacturers...

Well, in my opinion, the service support team should know better then enter into any arguement with a customer who has a "bad day". You either just try to refer to the higher authorities (within the company) or handle it tactfully.

It is difficult to control all your distributors and dealers but at least your own customer service team? It is not that difficult right? Else you should start advertising for a new Customer Service Manager as he(she) has not been doing a good job of motivating his(her) staff to handle another day of complaints...

P.S. Frankly, I have seldom heard of customers calling up about a complain to be in a good mood... naturally, the customer service personnel should be prepared for these?

Hmm.. so have you considered dropping by Singapore? Or is it too insignificantly small?
:upset:

Anyway, what does the word "Prouduction" on the subject title means???

Was it intentional or a mistake?

If you were proud of your production, then you better relook again.... there was a period there was a lot of complaints about the pioneer wings.

:) Good morning..

I just want to say, I own a Halcyon BC, OC Liftbag and a 100' Spool. I would not trade them in for anything. Thanks for bringing such great products to the scuba industry.
Tekkie

Hey Bloop,

Have you ever owned any Halcyon equipment?

I saw an Oxycheq wing on Sunday, I believe it was a #30 single tank wing, and frankly, I dont see what all the fuss is about. My pioneer #27 appears to be much better made than the oxycheq. Without a micrometer I could not tell if the bladder was thicker but I could see that the stiching was much better on my wing that on the oxycheq. The added panels and and handle make it a better wing as far as it appearing more sturdy than the oxycheq. I did not try it in the water, so I can't voice an opinion on the trim characteristics, but, from all the reviews, I am sure it does a great job in that category. But I think my #27 is excellent in that category also.
Mine came from Extreme Exposure and there were no staples in the box, just tape!:)

robertphillips5 once bubbled...
I saw an Oxycheq wing on Sunday, I believe it was a #30 single tank wing, and frankly, I dont see what all the fuss is about. My pioneer #27 appears to be much better made than the oxycheq. Without a micrometer I could not tell if the bladder was thicker but I could see that the stiching was much better on my wing that on the oxycheq. The added panels and and handle make it a better wing as far as it appearing more sturdy than the oxycheq. I did not try it in the water, so I can't voice an opinion on the trim characteristics, but, from all the reviews, I am sure it does a great job in that category. But I think my #27 is excellent in that category also.
Mine came from Extreme Exposure and there were no staples in the box, just tape!:)

I don't know what you were looking at, but the stitching on the oxycheq wing is heavier than any halycon wing I have ever seen.. Oxycheq is using the heaviest thread that a commercial sewing machine can use.. Personally I'd use the 45# since there is no drag penalty over the 30#, and the added lift can be useful in rough surface conditions.

Besides from what I hear and see elsewhere on the net the 27# wing APPEARS to being discontinued.. The new wings that were supposed to be announced at DEMA but a few european guys jumped the gun, are larger (close to the oxycheq sizes) and need a sta.. The new wings are supposed to use a bladder but without any way of patching it if there is a problem..

We will have to just wait and see..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom