halcyon worth the price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is anything in this industry really worth what they are getting? The Halcyon wing is worth the money as compared to other stuff out there. A plate is a plate; webbing is webbing; and hardware is hardware.

Good luck,

Mike

and I am diving it at Rawlings on Monday...I will let you know on Tuesday if it was worth it..:D

Originally posted by O-ring
and I am diving it at Rawlings on Monday...I will let you know on Tuesday if it was worth it..:D
Congratulations... what's Rawlings and why wait?
Do you have anyone that can help you set things up?

Lake Rawlings in VA...(www.lakerawlings.com)...I don't know too many people around these parts that can help me set it up...I read the DIR-F book and have a lot of stuff that I have gathered off the web so I will make due with what I can.

Herman is meeting me at Rawlings, so he can help out if I configure something wrong or run out of duct tape...:wink:

As long as it is relatively warm and wet, it will suffice for what I want to do...too much new gear to try out to actually look at anything this time out...

I had seen that top 50 dive sites rating.... I have not travelled and dived a whole lot, but that is a stretch to me!

It is like going to a junkyard, but make it life threatening and expensive :)

hmmm, it is underwater...

Our dive plans go like,
"do you want to go to the rusted out bus?"
or
"do you want to go the rusted out boat?"
or
you get the idea...

Tommy

Originally posted by tombiowami
I had seen that top 50 dive sites rating....
Well I have been trying to lay off this one to spare everyone's feelings...

But folks get wet where they can and in some states it might be quarries filled with *wonders* and in others it might be stock tanks or whatever...

It isn't the best 50 dive sites in the US... it is 50 dive sites in the US... one in each state...

Oh boy! Am I thankful that I live in the PNW... and I won't even tell you what I'm going to do tonight!

BTW... that Octopus on the cover shot......

Cute little fella... :wink:

ok, first try, but I think I have it...I haven't cut off the extra webbing yet, but wanted to make sure this looks relatively right to you guys...

Apart from the UK light (heretic! lol), two minor points:

1. The waist buckle could be more off-centre, moved around to your right hip further. Hard to tell however without seeing it being worn. This will stop the crotch strap interfering with it during the dive.

2. The left shoulder D-ring needs to be moved up higher - you have to be able to raise the dump hose high enough to dump air from it! My d-ring sits almost on top of my shoulder and works well, although I have seen them mounted lower. I have my right D-ring at the same height. but this isn't really critical.

If you keep that light, see if you can at least tuck the head of it into the rubber tubing on the harness, to keep it streamlined and non-dangly.

woohoo! new toys :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom