Happy New Year and Many Thanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debbielou

Registered
Reaction score
It's been along time since I've been on the board...mostly because Tavi (my husband) is always using the computer. He gets home before I do and stays here until he goes to bed most nights. Doesn't leave much time for me to be here.
I want to thank everyone for being there for each other. I know when I started diving this was a great place to be, and I hope I was helpful to others about suits too.
We had a great vacation in the Bahamas in November, and were glad to share our pictures with everyone. Wish the water could have been clearer on some of the days we dove.
Tell me...is it DOVE as past tense or is it another word or spelling? Have heard this question before, but not the answer. It just looks so wierd.
Anyways, Have a really GREAT NEW YEAR, and if you're out diving for the first day of the new year...I envy you. Take care everyone and safe diving.
Debbielou

Debbielou,

I too feel ackward with DOVE so I looked it up in my handy Random House Webster's Dictionary and it says....

"Both DIVED and DOVE are standard as the past tense of DIVE. DOVE is the much newer form and is therefore often objected to, but it is so common in all varieties of written and spoken English that it must be considered standard."

What I get from that is that it probably isn't gramatically correct but that so many people were using it improperly that it has eventually become standard.

My great grandmother the English teacher (God rest her soul) is probably turning over in her grave!

Okay so much for the English lesson, both you and Tavi are an asset to our board. Kick him off occasionally and join the rest of us girls! This can be a real male dominated sport and we need more wonderful women divers!

Happy New Year to you and yours also!

:bunny: KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

Hi Debbielou,

Great to hear from you again! Don't you just love computer hogs?? :wink: I can sympathize!

Hope you have a wonderful new years, and try to steal the computer more often!

Happy New Year and all the best to everyone! :)
Here's another one for ya too:
If you have 2 computers w/ a mouse on each one, do you have 2 "mice"? Or 2 "mouses"? Does the plural term for the furry little critters apply? OK...I'll shut up now...:)

To All,
Best wishes for a happy, wet, and safe '02.

(That's the year, not the cleaning; clarification provided in the interest of on board peace).:D

Hope you all have a good one.
Best wishes,
Mike

I think I like to use....."I dove the wreck" versus "I dived the wreck". Or could it be..."I have diven the wreck" only kidding Thanks for the grammer lesson.
As for the mouse or mice. I think one is more than enough to have in your house. At times who wouldn't like to have 2 mouse's when it comes to having the 2 computers that goes with it. Especially when the one you have is usually tied up. Thank goodness for cell phones, and roadrunner, etc. or we would never have a phone here either. That could be a blessing in disguise sometimes though.
Guess I'll let Tavi have the computer back now while I go get some things done now. NOT MY FAVORITE SPORT.
Debbielou

Originally posted by Debbielou
It's been along time since I've been on the board...mostly because Tavi (my husband) is always using the computer. He gets home before I do and stays here until he goes to bed most nights. Doesn't leave much time for me to be here.
Debbielou

In self defense, :huh:
Not trying to start anything :argue: . On any weekday there are at least 18 hrs that I am not on the computer(more in the warmer months). I guess 10pm to 4pm isn't prime time!:egrin:

Seriously though, if Debbielou wishes to spend more time here, I will gladly let her use the computer more often. I'd love to see her learn as much here as I have. Thanks to all of you.

For you Debbielou :kissy:

Tavi,

Spring for a laptop or a second computer. Debbielou mentioned that you guys have Roadrunner and I know from experience that if you purchase a cheap hub then you can split the line and both surf to your hearts content! Don't tell my company but this is how I manage to "work from home" and still get some personal stuff done on my home computer! Time Warner doesn't charge any more and it only slows down each connection minimally.

Let me know if you want more info or PM me.

:bunny: KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

Hi,
I think Debbielou was speaking in generalities. We have the cell phones, but not Roadrunner. I think the extra cost would be worth it. She doesn't.
Thanks for the suggestion. I like the Idea of two computers. I have a freind thats in the bussiness. I'll ask him if there is any way we can work it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom