Has anybody come up with a good GoPro BlurFix lens cover?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buckeye_jeff

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I am currently using a piece of an old sock to protect my BlurFix lens/filter but I would like to fine something more substantial, like a neoprene port cover to protect it. As soon as my sock gets wet on a dive boat it will be useless.

Any suggestions?

the uv lens that came with the blurfix is made by Zeikos....snake river ground down the threads on the top of the lens so you cant stack lenses....what I did was go on E-bay and buy another Zeikos 55mm lens that still has the treads intact then you can use a regular camera dust cap like this....Sonovel if you watch ebay closely I think kI picked mine up for .25 with free shipping lol

I also use a butterfly hood on mine like this ...... sonnovel to keep the glass protected from the log jams in the Cooper river it works great but the hood will show up in the vid if you shoot on 1080 wide FOV , but I shoot on 1080 medium FOV or 1080 narrow FOV. (you can only change the FOV on the hero2 model)

here is the Zeikos lens for 5 bucks and its the exact lens that came default in the Blurfix but still has the threads intact.....Zeikos ZE-UV55 55mm Multi-Coated UV Filter (811709010197) | eBay

This report indicates a 52mm lens cap will fit: GoProUser.freeforums.org • Login

Thanks flareside, I'll try a 52mm. I have a 55mm and it definitively won't work with the ground off treads of the various color filters for the BlurFix.

But I'd still like to find a neoprene dome port type cover that would protect the entire BlurFix assembly.

Sorry, failed to read the whole thread. I tested one of my Inon lens pouches and it fit like a glove over the whole camera/blurfix combo and would cinch nicely around the mount so the camera wouldn't need to be removed from a tray. But Reefphoto is not exactly giving them away. Inon Neoprene Carry Pouch S for Macro Lenses [ino.456212143155] - $27.95 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
Adorama also has a couple that might (and I stress might) work which are a whole lot cheaper. 02005 Ikelite Neoprene Cover for Flat Port LCHXXSBK LensCoat Hoodie, Extra Extra Small Front Neoprene Lens Cap Fits Hoods from 2.25" to 2.75", Black

I suggest going to walmart or best buy and picking up a cheap generic neoprene camera case.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom