Has "Be a Diver" gone awry???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good question, Tobin...

If someone would have came on this board and said, "I am posting this for the folks at DEMA, who choose to remain nameless", they would have been instantly crucified.

:)

After reading the DEMA comments on the Delta commercial, I think this makes sense. Had I been in the directors position, I would have gone for that deal too.

Their problem is that so many people from smaller companies inside the industry ALREADY distrust them. That makes all of their actions suspect and open to question. Tobin's remarks are naturally typical of the feeling many have. Oh well.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

After reading the DEMA comments on the Delta commercial, I think this makes sense. Had I been in the directors position, I would have gone for that deal too.

The Video might be a great deal for the industry and the members, but......

Unless every single dues paying member is presented with the opportunity to participate, or the opportunity to decline to participate it's going to be inherently inequitable.

This is no different from the myriad of "sponsorship" opportunities at DEMA, any member that wants to pony up the $$ can.

Their problem is that so many people from smaller companies inside the industry ALREADY distrust them.

Trust and distrust are both earned.

Tobin

quack, quack.

Not that I have an opinion, well-reasoned or otherwise, on this subject (at this point) I thought I'd share one of ol' Joe Stalin's quotes that may be useful in a levity-lending kind of way:

"You know, comrades," says Stalin, "that I think in regard to this: I consider it completely unimportant who in the party will vote, or how; but what is extraordinarily important is this — who will count the votes, and how." --Boris Bazhanov, Memoirs of Stalin's Former Secretary

Mark

It seems that I was the subject of a recent phone conference. I am not one to be silenced. :D I just develop more questions and insights.

I am not a legal expert but such blatant product placements would probably be in violation of European marketing laws, so on this side of the pond it would never fly. The brand names should have been blurred out or not be in the picture at all. Besides the audience would hate it too - it sounds like a cheesy commercial.

Another nagging thought is: One of DEMA board members is also a manager of Sunset Resort: DEMA Coincidence? Unlikely!

Same for Sherwood Scuba. Lighting is striking twice!

Tobin

Three times, BOD member for life Al Hornsby of PADI

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom