Have I got a book for you!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just picked up 'The Darkness Beckons', from the library. They had it sent from Columbus, Ohio.
The pictures are fantastic. I can't wait to read it!
:sunny:

enjoy the read. it is an EXCELLENT book.

Hey FloridaDiver,

Thanks for the information regarding "The Darkness Beckons".
I ordered it and it arrived within days. Now my wife is even
more concerned that I hear the call. Fortunatley (for her?) there
are not a lot of (diveable) caves in the New England area.

So I guess we're all reading it at the same time. It's a big book. But the photography in there is fantastic. I'm considering bringing it on the plane tomorrow. But it's so big! What should I do?
:sunny:

I read "The Hell Divers Rodeo"

It was great! The guys in the book are nuts!:eek:

Definitely not a "How to" book! Their safety measures are almost nonexistent, lots of testosterone doing the thinking for them!

It's amazing how they survived some of the situations they got into, and tragic, the ones they did not.

Some funny stories that might not have seemed that way at the time :p

They did some amazing things, some of the fish they brought up with the equipment they had is unbelieveable!

I also read "The Last Dive" and loved it. Lots of interesting info on how scuba was born, what it was like in the early days, tech diving, cave diving, deep wreck diving.

Gives meaning to the rule "if there is any doubt, don't dive"

Kathy

I was at my local Borders over the weekend and they have a listing for a new book coming out in February. It's called "Complete Wreck Diving: A Guide to Diving Wrecks"
by Henry Keatts, Brian Skerry. I'm not sure if it will be good or bad, but I ordered it so we will see.

Ty

I read Hell Divers Rodeo as well by now - Phew - that's a book to take in for the entertainment factor I think - good entertainment though...
Big T

Here's a great one for the U/W Photographers out there - Digital Imaging For The Underwater Photographer by Jack and Sue Drafahl.

I purchased it along with a Nikon slide scanner and a copy of Photoshop. By following the guide, you can greatly shorten the learning curve. I was scanning and enhancing my slides within an hour - with great results!

If you're interested in getting into digital photography, either with a digital camera or by scanning images - get this book.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom