Have you ever lost a Fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metaldector:
Then there was the guy who was diving with "his foot sizers" in the fins. What foot sizers I asked? He showed me the inserts that come with the fins to hold the pocket shape during shipping and storgage!
I have to confess to this one too. I noticed during a dive that the fins didn't feel quite the same, but since it was the first dive of a trip I didn't think too much about it. While degearing after the dive my dive buddy started laughing, then asked "Do you always wear you fin storage inserts?"

A real "Duh" moment.

Now Charlie that is funny. However, listen to this many many times we have to have people take their fins off when trying them on........to take the insert out. Only to tell us........oh these fit much better now. You have to love them!! Most of our customers are also personal friends........so we can poke fun and get away with it.

Happy Diving

I lost my fin yesterday, was the worst experience ever. Had to cancel the dive. Happened when I was doing bankroll. The spring strap on my Atomic Blade fins was loose. I'll never use one again. I'll buy a new pair soon and just kept the other one as a spare. Went down looking but couldn't find any, other divers also didn't find mine.

Lost one poseidon trident yellow fin when finishing a night shore dive.
Did not grab both fins firms when climbing up the stairs, and it got swept away before I noticed it.

Had to buy a new pair, so now I have 3 yellow fins.

I have twice lost a fin. Both times dropping them when entering on a shore dive. Once in CT--swam around looking for it using one fin with no luck, so I figured it may be on land if I wait 4 hours for low tide. But then decided rather than just sit on the beach why not snorkel around looking. First try I went about 20 feet from shore, went down and there it was (Maybe 3 ft. viz).

In Destin, FL again dropped one (man I'm careless). Tried looking again using one fin doing zig-zag pattern in and out from shore (3-6'). Again found it (and in current--amazing). Back on shore I had left the dive flag and now IT was gone. 2 little girls had it way down the beach and said they were looking for the owner when they found it--he was swimming around underwater like a dope with one fin.

One of these days I won't be so lucky and have to but a NEW pair of SPLIT FINS. Maybe somebody was trying to tell me something.

I went out for a shakedown dive with a buddy and gave him so much crap for forgetting his fins at home.

Only to discover that I had left mine on the couch (they blended in extremely well). Ate a bit of humble pie that day.....

How could you lose a fin and then not be able to find it?

Inlet dive with the swells being bigger than I should have been in. Got pinned between jetty rocks and I was turtled when swells kept pushing me into the jetty. Got myself righted after several minutes and needed to get out of the situation quickly. Pulled off the fins and threw them up on the rocks. Was thankful I got away with a close one. Laying on the jetty and thinking about how close that one was - I got up and gathered up my gear and was down one fin. A $150 lesson I gladly paid thinking how much worse it could have been... :)

Back
Top Bottom