Health insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s a travel advisory from US State Dept, not a ban on travel to Mexico.
Yes, I misstated that, and Americans have continued to travel to Mexico. It's the strongest Level 4 saying Do Not Travel to Mexico.

Insurance is one thing, being treated for the virus in Mexico is another.

I use Travel Safe insurance and they cover Covid-19 ok altho that may vary by states. Travel Insurance Plans | TravelSafe

Their site includes an interesting list of questions and answers about what they do and do not cover with regard to the infection. TravelSafe FAQ | COVID-19 & TravelSafe Insurance FAQs

The U.S.State Department ban on travel to Mexico is alarming.

Looks like the premium is tied heavily to trip price and not medical. Put in price of trip at 3000 for 2 weeks is $ 226, put in the price of airfare and cheep hotel for 2 weeks of $1500, the premium is $115. Put in just airfare of $700 and the premium is only $80 f7or 2 weeks. I wonder if I can just use the airfare as trip cost and still get the medical benefits?

Put in $0 for trip price and the premium is $41.

Looks like the premium is tied heavily to trip price and not medical. Put in price of trip at 3000 for 2 weeks is $ 226, put in the price of airfare and cheep hotel for 2 weeks of $1500, the premium is $115. Put in just airfare of $700 and the premium is only $80 f7or 2 weeks. I wonder if I can just use the airfare as trip cost and still get the medical benefits?

Put in $0 for trip price and the premium is $41.

Yes.

PS I don't know for a fact about the $0 trip price.

I wonder if I can just use the airfare as trip cost and still get the medical benefits?
Yes, I believe so. Other claims might be limited.

Haha, when I put my age in, I was afraid it might reject me. Nope, but wow do I pay more than most, and it seems that their rates have increased significantly.

As far as putting in Zero trip cost, my premium went up $20 instead of down as compared to a $500 cost.

That could change things for myself &H some friends who join us in Coz each7 trip now.

Reactions: MMM
That could change things for myself &H some friends who join us in Coz each7 trip now.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I may just fly in for a week to pay some bills (since the utilities won't accept Canadian credit cards), even without full insurance, and then come back to self-quarantine for 14 days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom