Health insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Max coverage for the AC insurance is $100,000 - pretty minimal coverage. I would read the fine print as well.

Marg I think you need to read this. memory says you're in Sask.
COVID-19-Coverage-and-Assistance-Plan-Certificate-.jpg

Marg I think you need to read this. memory says you're in Sask. View attachment 609139
Yes, I am from Saskatchewan. I wonder why they have excluded our province. Last I checked, we had exactly 1 active case in my area.

Yes, I am from Saskatchewan. I wonder why they have excluded our province. Last I checked, we had exactly 1 active case in my area.
In the U.S., this sort of thing can happen when insurance companies run into issues with state insurance departments and the state's detailed regulations.

I had mentioned that TravelSafe.com covers Covid-19 with detailed FAQs about exceptions, and their rates had increased significantly. I was wrong about the rate change. Their rates are just a lot higher for me since my last birthday.

Marg it may be that your provincial govt covers out of country travel. Sask was the first place for Medicare (if I remember the name used back then correctly. My father was RCAF & we had moved there when it was introduced & the Dr's were on strike). worth looking into.

Marg it may be that your provincial govt covers out of country travel. Sask was the first place for Medicare (if I remember the name used back then correctly. My father was RCAF & we had moved there when it was introduced & the Dr's were on strike). worth looking into.
Nope, it definitely does not. I was head of communications at the health department for 10 years before I retired. One of the saddest issues I dealt with was a family that went on a holiday to the US. Their child suffered a serious injury on a waterslide and incurred gazillions of dollars of hospital costs. To avoid more costs, they wanted the provincial government to airlift their child back to Canada. They had purchased zero out of country coverage insurance and it was denied. I am sure it bankrupted them. I wouldn't speak of this but it became a huge media issue and this became public at that time.

Well that's unfortunate BIG TIME. I'm sure you're right about them ending up bankrupt which is why we won't be going without proper insurance. As for the Alianz policy there must be some law in Sask making an outside insurers policy null & useless. Is car insurance still government run there? What else insurance wise is thru gov't run departments ?

Well that's unfortunate BIG TIME. I'm sure you're right about them ending up bankrupt which is why we won't be going without proper insurance. As for the Alianz policy there must be some law in Sask making an outside insurers policy null & useless. Is car insurance still government run there? What else insurance wise is thru gov't run departments ?
Vehicle insurance is still done by the Crown corporation, SGI. All other is private. My supplemental health insurance is through Great West Life at this time.

Does Saskatchewan have the equivalent of the Alberta Motor Association? Perhaps they are offering some Covid coverage?

Back
Top Bottom