Heat wave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is nothing "unprecedented" about this heat wave. We have had several mild Summers lately and gotten soft to the heat. 2011 and 2012 were far worse than this.
July 2011 - Max 88F, average high 84.0F
July 2012 - Max 88F, average high 84.8F
July 2013 - Max 86F, average high 83.4F
July 2014 - Max 90F, average high 87.6F
July 2015 - Max 88F, average high 86.0F
July 2016 - Max 90F, average high 87.1F
July 2017 - Max 91F, average high 89.7F
July 2018 - Max 93F, average high 89.0F
July 2019 - Max 93F, average high 91.1F
July 2020 - Max 93F, average high 90.1F
July 2021 - Max 91F, average high 89.6F
July 2022 - Max 95F, average high 91.1F

See the trend? Your own recollection is incorrect. Your climate change denials are wrong and harmful. Stop it.

edit: all data sourced from wunderground.com

Even tho I agree, he is kinda new here, so.
Doesn't matter to me who spouts this garbage about everything being the way it has always been, I will call them out, with supporting data. The facts are not on their side and the world is slowly roasting to death. The time for being accommodating to those believing in 'alternative facts' is long over. Our great-grandchildren are going to be living out Mad Max if we don't reverse course. And they will only be able to see the underwater wonders we love to visit in old documentaries.

See the trend? Your own recollection is incorrect. Your climate change denials are wrong and harmful. Stop it.

edit: all data sourced from wunderground.com

Which city is this data from?

There is nothing "unprecedented" about this heat wave. We have had several mild Summers lately and gotten soft to the heat. 2011 and 2012 were far worse than this.
Not here in Austin they weren’t. Not in Europe they weren’t.

Not here in Austin they weren’t. Not in Europe they weren’t.
Not worse but according to wunderground about the same as 2011 and 2022.

July 2011 - average Max 99.32F
July 2022 - average Max 100F

Not worse but according to wunderground about the same as 2011 and 2022.

July 2011 - average Max 99.32F
July 2022 - average Max 100F
Two things:

Like I said, 2011 and 2012 were not "far worse" than 2022 has been here in Austin.

and

The book is far from closed on the summer of 2022. Where it stands in comparison with previous years has yet to be seen.

You are all describing weather, not climate. Temperatures in one city are irrelevant (so my initial response comparing 2011 and 2012--which were much hotter in Oklahoma--was also not relevant). It is also impossible to average the temperature of the earth. We set new record highs somewhere every year, and new record lows. If CO2 was causing warming, there would be observable evidence of that, but there is not. If you disagree, please show me the evidence that does not include computer models (gigo).

Temperatures may in fact be increasing. That is good. Warmer temps and more CO2 are good for plant growth (i.e. food). More people freeze to death every year than die from heat. There is no emergency or crisis.

If CO2 is causing the temperature to rise, there is nothing we can do about it unless you want to kill several billion people (which I think the climate alarmists do). Wind and solar do not produce enough energy to even replace themselves, and the ridiculous amount of battery storage needed to provide electricity when the wind is not blowing the perfect speed range and the sun is not shining (e.g., almost every night and most of the winter) requires more rare material than exists in the world. Nuclear power could do the job, but the fact that the alarmists don't support it, shows that they do not think warming is an existential crisis (but it is a great way to control people).

If you want to stop being brainwashed, check out wattsupwiththat.com.

No matter how hot it is in Cozumel I bet it's a comfortable 83-85 F under the water :D
If you're a coral polyp, a 1-degree rise could make it too toasty for you.

Doesn't matter to me who spouts this garbage about everything being the way it has always been, I will call them out, with supporting data. The facts are not on their side and the world is slowly roasting to death. The time for being accommodating to those believing in 'alternative facts' is long over. Our great-grandchildren are going to be living out Mad Max if we don't reverse course. And they will only be able to see the underwater wonders we love to visit in old documentaries.
What does "reverse course" entail? How many people will die to do it? Show me the supporting data.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom