Heavy Backplate ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info.....................Now I just have to make up my mind.

Tavi:
Another :thumb: for Fred T

I have a couple of his plates. :D

and another, great plates, i don't have an AL, but the SS are excellent work.

I have an XL Fredt plate also. Its very nice. My deco instructor was very impressed with it.

Its a well kept secret but Hammerheadscuba used to make a 12 lb plate. I don't know if Ed still has anymore or not. You might want to email him.

DivesWithTurtle:
What are the horizontal slots near the top of the channel (similar to the crotch strap slot) in the FredT used for?

Those are there for alternate rigging option for those with "nonstandard" bodies. there are at least 6 ways to thread that plate. This allows for wider and narrower shoulders to be accomodated comfortably, and for a slightly wider latitude in vertical placement if trim is an issue. They also allow for a very simple "tank hanger" attachment for those that want one.

FT

FredT:
Those are there for alternate rigging option for those with "nonstandard" bodies. there are at least 6 ways to thread that plate. This allows for wider and narrower shoulders to be accomodated comfortably, and for a slightly wider latitude in vertical placement if trim is an issue. They also allow for a very simple "tank hanger" attachment for those that want one.

FT

Thanks, Fred.

You need to put up a web site to show your goods and to show 6 ways to thread the plate. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom