Hello From Frank Kohler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
Uh, not part of the mission of this board, I don't think... :pity_part

Ya I know but still I prefer not to. Not to keep anyone in the dark but so that my opion will be taken no matter what my crads are.

Frank Kohler:
Ya I know but still I prefer not to. Not to keep anyone in the dark but so that my opion will be taken no matter what my crads are.

Hmm, what's the value of an opinion with no credentials..?

:lightingz

DandyDon:
Hmm, what's the value of an opinion with no credentials..?

:lightingz

Knowledge my friend knowledge, just because someone might not have the crad to back it up does not necessary mean they do not know what they are talking about. For insets I know a friend who is a very good web programer and can tell you anything about anything about web pages but is not cert. does not make his thoughts are less valuable then the guy that does have it.

Trust me, you will find a number of threads downplaying the importance of certain certifications......

So, if you want credibility, populate your profile with your diving experience...e.g., 100 dives in 45F water to over 100 fsw. Dived 1000 dives over the course of 2 years....etc...

Using your example, the web programmer will get credibility by demonstrating his knowledge AND sharing what websites he has developed using what languages. Whether he is an MCSE will be lesser importance.

Otter:
Trust me, you will find a number of threads downplaying the importance of certain certifications......

So, if you want credibility, populate your profile with your diving experience...e.g., 100 dives in 45F water to over 100 fsw. Dived 1000 dives over the course of 2 years....etc...

Using your example, the web programmer will get credibility by demonstrating his knowledge AND sharing what websites he has developed using what languages. Whether he is an MCSE will be lesser importance.

Very good points in all but I will list my dives when I feel that I have one good enough to list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom