Hello from NYC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YeaJung

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I recently moved from South Korea to NYC and tried to find a good place to re-start my diving life.
I hope to find great buddies and tips for diving.

:)

Welcome from a native of Yonkers. Google NY/NJ beach/shore dives (or something like that). Shore diving in Connecticut is very shallow. Some OK spots on Long Island--IF you can find a place to legally park without a "sticker". Allenhurst Jetty in NJ (near Asbury Park, NJ) is about the best shore dive in NJ--open Atlantic, if not too rough surf.
Charters go out of NJ, the S. shore of Long Island, and here & there in L.I. Sound. I'm no expert, but hear they must be booked well in advance during summer.
Couple of decent shore spots in Rhode Island, and quite a few up at Cape Ann, Mass. (near Gloucester). I hear Cape Ann Divers does good charters.

howdy and welcome from southeast Florida....

Welcome! I also live in nyc & we have a lot of divers in the nyc area who do local diving as well as international trips.

@YeaJung & @Katie L: I have organized a small lunch get together for women divers on Saturday, March 25 at Beneath the Sea which is the largest dive expo in North America. If you're interested, message me.

Where in nyc? There are a lot of places to dive in ny. In long Island, you can find a few boats to go out on. It's not that hard to get on a boat, when I want to dive I book just a few days in advance.

whats up from a fellow new yorker and korean!

Now that i have my drysuit i will be actively looking for places to dive locally on weekends. I will share my findings with you all, most likely on the north eastern united states page, if you're looking for buddies. Dutch Springs in Pennsylvania is opening for a weekend in a few weeks (April 8 - 9) and i will probably head to that.

Hey -- have you thought about joining any of the local dive clubs? I haven't yet. Just curious if you've found a good one.

I just joined NYC Sea Gypsies, recommended by another member here. They have a monthly meeting next Monday 3/27 at a pub in Manhattan which I will be attending. The event is free and anyone can show up! Seems like they are a pretty active group of divers.

Back
Top Bottom