Hello from Perth, Oz!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ONI1975

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
:snorkel::snorkel:Gudday peeps!I'm Luke a kiwi living in Perth, glad to have found the scuba message board! I'm 42 and a noob diver having just got my OWL in April this year. I have been lucky enough to have had two dive trips to Bali and Malaysia (including tulamben and sipadan)already and it's safe to say I'm hooked! In fact I ran out and got all my scuba gear straight after the first trip! So far it's been an expensive but rewarding hobby
My other interests include gym, martial arts, history and travel
Anyway, looking forward to interacting with you crew, it's already been my experience that scuba divers are a friendly (if somewhat loco)bunch!

Cheers and great diving :snorkel:
Luke

Last edited:
howdy and welcome from southeast florida USA...good luck and enjoy your diving excursions...

welcome to the board. you are in a good area to dive from my experience we had a blast diving in the Perth area when i pulled into fremantle. we dove rottenst island and a few shore dives in perth. Between the diving and the pubs it was a blast. i wouldn't mind coming back for a visit. I don't know what shop you are near but i believe the shop we used for our trips was scuba perth and they were great. They had a club that they hooked us up with for some dive buddies for US Navy visitors but i am pretty sure the club dives weekly and they were more than welcoming. You might check it out. again welcome to the group and here is to getting wet. Cheers.

welcome to the board. you are in a good area to dive from my experience we had a blast diving in the Perth area when i pulled into fremantle. we dove rottenst island and a few shore dives in perth. Between the diving and the pubs it was a blast. i wouldn't mind coming back for a visit. I don't know what shop you are near but i believe the shop we used for our trips was scuba perth and they were great. They had a club that they hooked us up with for some dive buddies for US Navy visitors but i am pretty sure the club dives weekly and they were more than welcoming. You might check it out. again welcome to the group and here is to getting wet. Cheers.

Hi Ryfly,
Cheers good to meet ya! Glad you had fun in WA! It's true Perth has some great dive spots around Rottnest, Garden island etc, and also many spots to indulge a pub/beach lifestyle
Let me know when you are in town next for a beer or two!
Perth scuba is probably the club you used, it's our local dive shop located in Canning Vale
Owners are Malaysian I think
We get our gear from them, and yeah they do weekly dives
Last time we were there they offered to take us out to catch lobsters as it is the season atm
Thanks for the welcome and have a great new year!
Cheers Luke

Welcome! Sounds like you’re off to a great start. An expensive hobby indeed, but very rewarding.

Thank you Drrich!
Agreed, I'm just trying to stay alive under water atm lol, but already am enjoying myself immensely. Definitely worth the cost!
Cheers and have a great new year
Luke

:snorkel::snorkel:Gudday peeps!I'm Luke a kiwi living in Perth, glad to have found the scuba message board! I'm 42 and a noob diver having just got my OWL in April this year. I have been lucky enough to have had two dive trips to Bali and Malaysia (including tulamben and sipadan)already and it's safe to say I'm hooked! In fact I ran out and got all my scuba gear straight after the first trip! So far it's been an expensive but rewarding hobby
Anyway, looking forward to interacting with you crew, it's already been my experience that scuba divers are a friendly (if somewhat loco)bunch!

Luke

Luke

Luke
Hi Mate
As an Aussie living in Philippines the last 8 years as a diving instructor and now dive center manager I can highly recommend Malapascua Island .
Very chilled relaxing atmosphere and some great diving including the famous thresher sharks at Monad Shoal .
Good luck with your diving and dont hesitate to ask if you have any questions regarding any aspect of diving
Troy :)

Back
Top Bottom