Hello from Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abraham

Reaction score
# of dives
Just joined the group today and wanted to say a warm and peacefull "Hello"
from Roatan Honduras.
I've been diving since the late 70's (certified in 80) with several 1000's dives.
Based in Roatan in West Bay and dive as often as I can.
If anyone needs Roatan info please feel free to ask.
Abraham.

Hi Abraham,

I will be in Roatan week of July. I made 25 dives since 3 years, mostly in cold water and my son is freshly certified from PADI. Do you have interesting diving spots to suggest (<= 60 feet )?
How is the political situation over there?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Daniel from Québec.

Hello Daniel,
First let me tall you the political situation is completly normal and there are no problems at all.
I'm here with my wife and daughter and if there was any danger we would be in our home in Toronto. As far as diving here in Roatan there are more interesting dive sites then you and your son will be able to cover in one visit. Do you where you will be staying and how you will be diving with?
Abraham.

Hi Abraham,

My wife and I are getting certified soon in Scuba and are really excited to learn this new hobby. I saw that you were down in Roatan and was wondering if it was worth the time. We have searched the internet and saw a resort that looks interesting. Anthonys keys is the name. Just wondering if you are there or are you someplace else we should be looking at.

Hace fun and be safe. Looking forward to your review.

Bryon

Hello Bryon,
Anthony's Key is a first class scuba resort. It is a hard core scuba resort with mostly
large dive boats and is very professionaly run. How ever, it is eat, drink sleep and dive.
If you are just starting out diving and you want a smaller group with more tylored to your needs and skill level place a place like Bananarama may be a good for you. They are right on West Bay Beach (best beach in Roatan) with other stuff to do and go to. (no beach at Anthony's).
Both are good places, check them out and see which suits you best.
See ya in Roatan.
Abraham.

Hi Abraham and Bryon,

Just started my vacation! We will be in Roatan on Saturday and will stay at the Las Rocas in West Beach. Couldn&#8217;t go to Anthony&#8217;s Key it was sold out four months ago.
Las Rocas has different dive packages and I think they have their own boats and equipment. That should be OK for our first real dive trip in warm waters.

Hope you are enjoying. Take care and stay wet!

I am still looking and asking about great places to go.... We would love to hear how the vacation went....

Don't forget to breath.......

Hi Cajun B,
I'm not realy on vacation here in Roatan, I live here. As for good dive spots...
There are too many to mention. Some of my favorits are West end wall, Mary's place,
Fish Den, Pablo's place, Key hole, Bear's Den, Hole in the wall just to mention a few.
You'll have to do allot of diving to exhast the possibilities.
Come down and have a blast!!.
Abraham

What would you reccomend for beginner divers. Both the wife and I are new to scuba and want to enjoy all there is to do. The wife is a little apprehensive but excited at the same time. So I want our first trip to be wonderful. Are you a DM? Do you do trips?

Bryon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom