Hello from Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Abraham,

My fiance and I are considering a trip to Roatan for our honeymoon in mid to late October. I understand that is the beginning of the rainy season in eastern Honduras ... how rainy is rainy? Honestly ... would we be getting blown out everyday? Thanks so much.

Matt

Hey Dan,
I told you you would love Roatan!!
The diving is great, people and friendly, warm breeze and politicaly as calm as can be.
Glad you enjoyed it, come back real soon.
Abraham.

Hello Matt,
I would have no hesitation about coming down in October. There are seldom days that are all rain. My first trip down to Roatan was in October and yet I still came back and decided to purchase a second home here and love it every day.
I was on the beach this afternoon and a cloud past by and we had a 10-15 min rain shower... We didn't even move off the beach. It's more like liquid sunshine then a rain back home. We love it here and I'm sure you and your lady would too.
Abraham.

Thank you for the invite for questions. We are heading down in May, trying to decide whether to stay on the North or South side, any suggestions? Thinking Bananarama or AKR on the North or CCV on the South.
Thank you for the assistance!

Hi Berckerman,

Last summer I dived in Roatan, I cruised around the island and visited few diving centers/resorts. I could just agree with Abraham, the West End and West bay are nice places to go with a lot of great diving.
There are a lot of nice spots to dive on the North side, particularly, The Blue Channel and El Aguila, a wreck at 70 feet with three huge groupers squatting the place (my preferred).
Anthony’s key is well equipped, several boats, nice amenities but a little remote. If you want to dive, dive and dive and get to bed at 21:00 that is the place.
I got two friends who dove on south side at Fantasy Island and their feedback is good.
I went to Las Rocas, it is a small place in West Beach. The boat accepts a max of 8 divers and the divemasters were very professional and flexible. Next time, I will stay at Captain Morgan (my wife wants a big-nice pool) but probably dive with Las Rocas or try Bananarama.
This summer, for me, it will be Club Med in Bahamas!

Have a nice diving summer!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom