Hello from Toronto, Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pilaar39

Reaction score
Keep getting a request to make my first post here, so here goes:

My wife and I are relatively new divers.. we got our PADI OW certification about 2 years ago. We did our classroom and pool training at the local dive shop (Scuba 2000) just north of Toronto. They typically do their open water certs in the year-round cold waters of Tobermory, so we opted to fly south to Ft. Lauderdale and do ours there with ProDive in warmer water :crafty: (neither of us has any interest in cold water diving!)

Since then, we have done a number of dives off Florida and in the Caribbean. We are up to 21 dives now, and hoping to do some more this October in Florida.

Being relative newbies, we (or I) have lots of questions and have joined this board hoping to get answers and advice from the more experienced divers.

Aside from diving, we also enjoy motorcycling (2001 Harley FLSTC) and target shooting (currently .22 cal rifle, but hoping to start pistol soon).

I am 57 and retired from a 34 year career with IBM Canada.

So.. there you have it.. my first post here!

welcome aboard! i am sure you'll love it here

(btw, i think Toronto is the best city in the world)

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only.

don

:D

Hi, Pilaar39, I am an Instructor in Toronto.

Sorry to hear you passed on the wonderful Ontario diving we have here.

On the other hand, I am running trips to Cozumel, you should try drift diving there!

All the best in diving.

crispos:
Hi, Pilaar39, I am an Instructor in Toronto.

Sorry to hear you passed on the wonderful Ontario diving we have here.

On the other hand, I am running trips to Cozumel, you should try drift diving there!

All the best in diving.

Hi neighbour! The dive shop we use (Scuba2000) usually organizes a trip to Coz each January. We did not go last year because we were too new to the sport, but are thinking about it maybe this January.

I hear there is only drift diving there, and we have had very little drift diving, so we are concerned we might hold back the group. My wife has a bit of trouble descending because of her ears, and she is concerned that we might hold up the group.

Anyway, we tentatively have another trip planned to south Florida in October, so we should gain some more experience.

Back
Top Bottom