Hello! Im New to Scuba Board & Newly Certified PADI Rescue Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Janet Trader

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone...

Just thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. I am a newly PADI Certified Rescue Diver. I took to diving faster than myself, my family and friends ever expected and have advanced in a very very short time. I absolutely adore diving and being in the water and if I could do it every day I certainly would. Since I am a Certified Sandals Resort Agent and I try to keep atop of the programs Sandals offers...So I did all my certifications with the Sandals Montego Bay Dive Team in Montego Bay Jamaica West Indies. I trust these guys with my life and they are like family to me.

The Rescue Certification was probably the toughest physically to do out of all of them I have done so far. Normally the Jamaican waters are calm, however during my time training there the water was the roughest I had ever seen it. Actually the very last day I was allowed to dive before flying home was there was the calmest . By then I had already finished my certification and diving for fun so I guess that type of training only enabled me to become a better diver. But with anything else there is always room for improvement and lessons to be learned with each and every dive so I am eager to learn all I can.

I live on the Eastern Shore of Virginia on Chincoteague Island and have Assateague Island and Assateague Beach at my door step. I understand we have many wonderful ship wrecks off our Atlantic Coastal waters here...problem is finding a Dive Buddy where I live and the water is chilly. My present wetsuit, boots and gloves is set for warm water diving so guess I will need to remedy that situation if I want to dive around here. I am interested in purchasing a computer but it is a little overwhelming with so many on the market.

My future plans are to return to Jamaica as soon as time and money permits and do my Divemaster Certification with the SMB Dive Team. Otherwise...I just wanna DIVE!

Good day to all.
Janet
nickname: LADYBUG

Back
Top Bottom