Hello, Need Destination Wedding Suggestions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have seen many weddings at Couples Swept Away in Negril Jamaica. They really do a bang up job. The resort is awesome and the epmloyees are fabulous! I have been there 2 times already and cant wait to go again. It is an AI resort and diving is included, gear or no gear. YOu can't beat that. If you decide to go tell Anthony Morris (the DM) I said Hi. Congrats and good luck!

My wife and I went to St. Lucia (West Indies) a couple of years ago. The people were gracious, and the food was very good. The island's interior is rugged, therefore most of the towns are right on the water. Many destination resorts to choose from.

Bali!

and check Kajane in Ubud for a few days!

You can get a huge suite with your own private pool looking over the rice fields for 100/night

http://www.kajane.com/photo.php

Hey all, new here, but not to diving. Been doing it for a couple years, fiancee and I recently completed our AOW. My max depth (133 ft) was this summer in Brockville in the St. Lawrence River when we did a negative drift dive (sucked the air out of the BC) to retrieve a reel that was in the shipping channel... Was a great dive! And it was monitored by a number of DM's and Instructors who I dove with

We are looking at getting married down south. Home is in Ontario (Canada) and we want to incorporate diving into our destination wedding.

We do not want to go to the following:
Mexico
Cuba
Dominican

All others are game. Just looking for advice on what the diving is like around the Caribbean. We want a resort setting and something that is not too expensive. We've dove/dived St. Lucia and had a good time, that was my first experience at ocean diving and I'm looking for something comparable or better.

So hello and if you can offer any suggestions on where to go, awesome!

Cheers,
Rye

I loved Anse Chastanet on St Lucia - romantic land views of the Pitions, screened openings on three sides (no AC though so avoid the summer), yet decent diving and snorkling. If the land views (tropical island with forested hills)/comfort plays a big part, another option would be St. Johns in the US Virgin Islands. If the diving is more important and a decent beach, less vegetation and flat island is OK - Bonaire or Little Cayman (though they did have a recent hurricane hit (check on this before booking).

Last edited:
I loved Anse Chastante on St Lucia - romantic land views of the Pitions, screened openings on three sides (no AC though so avoid the summer), yet decent diving and snorkling. If the land views (tropical island with forested hills)/comfort plays a big part, another option would be St. Johns in the US Virgin Islands. If the diving is more important and a decent beach, less vegetation and flat island is OK - Bonaire or Little Cayman (though they did have a recent hurricane hit (check on this before booking).

Oh, Anse Chastanet does the beach wedding thing with tiki torches, red carpet, flowers, etc.).

Last edited:
Go to Fiji.

Octopus Resort - octopus

It's where where my wife and I got engaged and where we certed, and it was amazing. The resort is incredible, as long as you're looking for relaxation and fun, not a commercial party. No TV, phones, etc in the rooms, but I think that was a great thing.

Do the candle light dinner on the beach. it got me hooked on seafood.

Wow, lots of good replies.

We've decided on Aruba. We do not want to do the traditional places (i.e. Jamaica), and unfortunately diving is not the priority for most people, I think there may only be 5-6 people out of the 75 or so that are going who will be able to dive. We also want to keep the price inline for most people and we have some guests with kids so that rules out many places. We also have visa concerns for some guests as my fiancee is originally from Europe.

We're actually going to Aruba to check out the Riu Aruba Palace for 4 days in January, but I believe that is where we are going to get married.

OK, you already decided - but I want to recommend Bali anyway. It's so beautiful, and the people, the food, the culture are all wonderful.

I wasn't a diver when I went there, but the family that run my LDS just came back from a trip there, and said that the diving was fantastic.

Plus, other than the air fares, it's super cheap.

CONGRADS !!!! I'm getting my feet wet here too and I have just gotten my OW and AOW this year so I am ready to do some serious diving myself since I am have done only freshwater and am looking forward to learning the variety the ocean has to offer....best wishes.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom