Help! Dominica or Grenada?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marci1599

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm planning to take my husband on a caribbean getaway for his 40th Birthday...a combination of diving and relaxation. I've narrowed the locations to Dominica & Grenada. Which do you think has better diving? What dive groups would you recommend?

Thanks!
Marci

Thanks! In Dominica I was looking at Jungle Bay and Calibishie Cove. Your deal at Jungle Bay looks great.

Ft. Young, Nature Island Dive, Dominica. Rent a car and do your own tours to the springs and falls.

Another vote for Dominica.....we stayed @ Castle Comfort a couple years ago & could not take everything in in 6+ days.....Look @ our Dominica pics--UW & topside--& videos in link below....All the Dominica ones have Dominica in their sub-album names listed on the right side of the page.......enjoy.....

Pictures by GEAUXtiger - Photobucket

Thanks so much for all the suggestions! It looks like it will be Dominica! :D

diver 85 - Your pictures are amazing!! Thanks for sharing!

We just got back from 7 nights in Dominica... we did 3 nights at Jungle Bay to soak in the eco/trekking stuff and 4 nights at Ft Young for the diving and exploring Roseau.

You can dive entirely from jungle bay but i'll warn you it's 50/60 minutes driving EACH WAY on what are some very 'interesting' roads through mountainous terrain. That said jungle bay is fantastic. We liked Ft Young for diving because we could walk into Roseau for lunch, drinks, dinner, etc. The other places a little further south (Castle Comfort, etc) would be a long walk to the 'downtown' places in Roseau.

No, not a long walk. Fifteen minutes?

could be, i never actually walked it actually :wink:

it 'looked' longer than that but i really wouldn't know. i liked being right by old stone, bistro, etc and then stumbling 'up' the hill 50 yards from the ruins or JRs... that said Ft Young is a bit pricier.

We just got back from 7 nights in Dominica... we did 3 nights at Jungle Bay to soak in the eco/trekking stuff and 4 nights at Ft Young for the diving and exploring Roseau.

You can dive entirely from jungle bay but i'll warn you it's 50/60 minutes driving EACH WAY on what are some very 'interesting' roads through mountainous terrain. That said jungle bay is fantastic. We liked Ft Young for diving because we could walk into Roseau for lunch, drinks, dinner, etc. The other places a little further south (Castle Comfort, etc) would be a long walk to the 'downtown' places in Roseau.

That's what their cabs are for--just get one---lol--with a H(I believe it was) @ the beginning of the license number.....Reason I say lol---wife & I were getting one into town 1 evening & this little white car stops & lone driver says where you going etc etc...We told him(can't remember which one we went to that nite) & when he dropped us off we went to pay him..He said there's no charge, I live here(in Roseau) & it was on my way ...We said thanks a bunch but take the money anyway----super nice folks that live there....

---------- Post added May 17th, 2012 at 04:27 PM ----------

could be, i never actually walked it actually :wink:

it 'looked' longer than that but i really wouldn't know. i liked being right by old stone, bistro, etc and then stumbling 'up' the hill 50 yards from the ruins or JRs... that said Ft Young is a bit pricier.

Now I will say one thing, it's a long walk from Champagne Reef(you can do it as a snorkel or as a beach dive) back to Castle Comfort Lodge......:)..wife & I ALMOST had to walk it the evening we went & snorkeled there....I had made it as a boat dive earlier in the week & when we went, almost NO buses came by after we were finished, but, luckily after about a 30 minute wait, the LAST one for the evening came by & we got on----------whew.....

Back
Top Bottom