Help Identifying Conshelf Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdavo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everyone,

I think this octopus is a Conshelf 21 - can anyone confirm? I want to be sure I'm ordering the right service kit. I have a service manual for a Conshelf XIV - are these instructions close enough for servicing this octo?

Andrew

Attachments

• 92340.jpeg
    92340.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 159
The service kits interchange. The face unscrews rather than being held by a clamp. The internal parts are metal and are largely identical.

There was a recall on some of the early plastic 2nd stages due to problems with stress cracks. Might want to check and be sure it isn't affected.

The metal 2nd stages have smaller than (now) standard mouthpieces are designed to accept, and so it is particularly important to use a strong zip tie and be sure it is securely tightened. The lay-flat zip ties aren't strong enough and can lead to the mouthpiece pulling off during a dive.

Good luck.

your us divers octo is not as old as a conshelf 21. the faceplate puts it closer to the micra/conshelf sea era. it should be recent enough that it is less likely to be affected by the stress cracking issue. it does use the same service kit though.

Store | Vintage Double Hose

A word of caution. Can't see the other side but if it has a port plug on the other side be VERY careful removing and installing the plug. They tend to be very brittle and will break with little effort. AL does not sell replacements but VDH has some that will fit.

Back
Top Bottom