HELP....My nerves are worse then hers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lmwb_1977

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My daughter takes Scuba starting tomorrow, I think Im about to throw up Im so nervous for her. Any other parents have young kids they sent off to classes?

Just remember, you trust her and you trust Chris, everything will be alright and soon you'll have a new dive buddy :)

Nice blog on sundays dive.

Dive buddy Leia, thats so cool. Yea yea yea I know, but were talking about it and I realize what it means and what shes gonna do and its like "For real" ...

How old is she?

Two of our children were certified this summer, me just this past weekend.

My son is 18, granted he's not young, but he is my kid. I just about hyperventilated watching him. haha He did great.

My daughter is 15, same thing, she did great.

They didn't have that hesitancy that I did.

I just had to trust that the instructors knew what they were doing and that they would be fine.

It isn't easy "letting go".

Linda

Dive buddy Leia, thats so cool. Yea yea yea I know, but were talking about it and I realize what it means and what shes gonna do and its like "For real" ...

Hey, you freakin' out about it is just part of being 'MOM' :D and part of being Lisa Marie :mooner:

Didn't you read the fine print when you signed up as 'MOM'? :)

I recommend eating chocolate and drinking if you can't go dive, climb, or mtbike...

just do something to help you refocus a bit a forget about worrying for a while.

You diving this weekend? I am taking the dog to Wentz sometime this weekend, will be taking my snorkel stuff for sure, might take the scuba stuff too.

How old is she?

Two of our children were certified this summer, me just this past weekend.

My son is 18, granted he's not young, but he is my kid. I just about hyperventilated watching him. haha He did great.

My daughter is 15, same thing, she did great.

They didn't have that hesitancy that I did.

I just had to trust that the instructors knew what they were doing and that they would be fine.

It isn't easy "letting go".

Linda

Shes almost 13 and taking it with Kvalves daughter. I dont think he is as nervous as me. I think they both will do great but yea letting go is more what its probably about. I hate those little reminders that soon my kids wont be needing me as much and will leave my nest ...sniffle...tear... sigh

Hey, you freakin' out about it is just part of being 'MOM' :D and part of being Lisa Marie :mooner:

Didn't you read the fine print when you signed up as 'MOM'? :)

I recommend eating chocolate and drinking if you can't go dive, climb, or mtbike...

just do something to help you refocus a bit a forget about worrying for a while.

You diving this weekend? I am taking the dog to Wentz sometime this weekend, will be taking my snorkel stuff for sure, might take the scuba stuff too.

Damn fine print, I want a new contract, maybe one that says I dont have to worry ever.

I want to dive on sunday, but have to go to one of the travis parks, just tell me when to show up and where and Ill be there...although I can only do one tank...my budget for the month is dwindling

Shes almost 13 and taking it with Kvalves daughter. I dont think he is as nervous as me.
You got that right. I've been drilling mine on the NDL tables all day and discussing decompression theory. :D

I think they both will do great but yea letting go is more what its probably about. I hate those little reminders that soon my kids wont be needing me as much and will leave my nest ...sniffle...tear... sigh
Where's the puking emoticon when you need one!? :rofl3: It's good to be a guy!! Can you give me an "Amen!" brothers?? Don't worry...I promise not to tell your wives! :D

Amen.....(Arms extended in air).....They will do fine. Their inauguration to the water last weekend should have helped. Chris will take care of em, just stay outta the way and let him do his job. I am teaching eight jr. students AOW/Rescue for scubacamp next week and I got the heebie jeebies after meeting them and the 'rents tonight. All will be fine....for you, Kvalve, Chris and I.

You got that right. I've been drilling mine on the NDL tables all day and discussing decompression theory. :D

Where's the puking emoticon when you need one!? :rofl3: It's good to be a guy!! Can you give me an "Amen!" brothers?? Don't worry...I promise not to tell your wives! :D

Poor Maddy, its bad enough your a butthead but to have to be drilled on tables and deco theory before class starts jeesh

Is it bad that it made me bring out her baby pictures, and me laughing about the first time she was in a pool? I set it up in the house so she wouldnt get sunburned :D it was to cute.

All Ive done to prepare her is tell her not to listen to anything I say cause Im a scuba retard...

Poor Chris, Im not sure he realizes what he is getting into, teaching two tween girls who have US for parents... Ill owe him a beer or two :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom