Help with watches/ computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For watch bands, I'd stay away from velcro. Eventually it's going to stop holding well and will have a greater chance of falling off. I like using a nylon band or metal band personally. If you want, a lot of people here like the zulu or nato style watch bands sold from countycomm. They are made to MOD or DOD specs depending which model you get. They are well liked dur to their durability and since it loops through the watch band pins, if one were to fail, it would remain on your arm. I bought the one designed after one used in a James Bond movie. Unfortunately it does not fit over my cold water wet suit. They do make an extra long one however.

There's not a significant difference between the M1 and M1 Pro other than the pro looking more like the most copied dive watch in history, the Rolex. Depending on your wrist size, you may need a different strap altoghter to fit it over a wet suit.

I just wish I could find a metal SS locking band like the one that came with my Rolex GMT Master. I'd like to have it on my Citizen 20th Anniversary Aqualand, as I dislike the rubber band.

I have the sea diver 1580 series. Holyhumor is correct, you can visibly see it in any light condition. Trust me, I've been in every enviroment and light condition possible. Not only is it easy to read underwater and at night, but in the cockpit too :wink:

so i ended up going for the M1 because it is inexpensive, service for 6 years, nice rubber band, great colors (orange and black), and has all the functions i need.

Luminox instead focus' on the tritium illumination, thus a rubber and plastic case. Instead, for roughly the same price, i get a steel case and limited glowing, which is fine for me.

thanks to all who helped here! i will review it when it comes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom