Help with wing....OMS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1) Thinking about it a little more, I'm guessing it is hidden behind the left side waisband/pad.
2) To support double-bladder wings. I clipped my Spyderco Salt in there.

There is a lower dump valve. It was tucked under.

How have you been doing with this set up? I’m looking into the same exact thing and just like you I’m new to the whole BP/W. Set up.

@runsongas is absolutely correct, that will be a miserable (and possibly dangerous) wing to dive singles with. It is going to taco (fold-up around the tank) and trap air. I don't see evidence for it being a double bladder version, though.

i really wish the scuba community would stop perpetuating this absurd myth.

ive been diving an OMS 94lb wing with singles for nearly 2 years.....NEVER ONCE has it "trapped air" or been "miserable to dive with"

the wing tacos around the tank.....and.....the tacoing has caused 0 issues....honestly, the tacoing is completely unnoticeable.

it dives and vents and balances just like a regular 20-30lb singles wing.

ive been diving an OMS 94lb wing with singles for nearly 2 years.....NEVER ONCE has it "trapped air" or been "miserable to dive with"

the wing tacos around the tank.....and.....the tacoing has caused 0 issues....honestly, the tacoing is completely unnoticeable.

Willing to learn ...

Is the wing strapped down at the side or otherwise "anti-tacoed"?

How can you vent at low inflation percentages (like less than 1/3) without going significantly vertical to shift the bubbles to the outlet?

I have an OMS 60 Horeshoe BWoD that I could put to the test ...

I've been diving that same wing for over 10 years, singles, doubles. I've asked buddies if it tacos they all say no. I wouldn't get see and it feels the same single or doubles.

Here it is with a single tank and a double hose.
DSCN2886.JPG

Willing to learn ...

Is the wing strapped down at the side or otherwise "anti-tacoed"?

How can you vent at low inflation percentages (like less than 1/3) without going significantly vertical to shift the bubbles to the outlet?

I have an OMS 60 Horeshoe BWoD that I could put to the test ...

I use the OMS alternate method of lacing. Check out the picture I posted no bungees are visible.

I use the OMS alternate method of lacing. Check out the picture I posted no bungees are visible.
Could you please explain how that works or post a link. Thanks.

Could you please explain how that works or post a link. Thanks.

I don't have a link. I'd have to scan the manual then post it. What's in it for me?

I just looked for the manual all I could find was the harness pages. If I come across, now I want to find it I'll post it.

OK got it! For your reading pleasure @grf88

Attachments

• alternate_stringing_method.pdf
    253 KB · Views: 65
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom