Help! zeagle equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmenende

Reaction score
Hello, Im new to the forum and just need some advise about some zeagle equipment I plan to buy.

In short, I plan to get a Zeagle Escape BCD w/ integrated wight system or a Ranger (can't decide,don't know if I'll need the extras), a Mares MR12 Axis Regulator and a Zeagle Octo + bcd inflator w/octopus combo. I need some opinions here, please. I have heard that those combo octo's may tear your bc becasue of the extra weight and many people bash them.In part I am going with zeagle because they seem to make good stuff and back them with lifetime warranty. Please advise!

By the way, I am a recreational diver who dives in the caribbean waters.. Thank you for your time. Jaime

I own a Zeagle Ranger and am quite pleased with it. I had a small problem with the BC a few weeks after I bought it, I e-mailed Zeagle and had several good responses from them. They sent me a replacement part at no charge.
As for their Octo+ tearing the fabric of the BC bullsh%$#%! There is nothing on the Octo that is sharp. Same LP hose, same connection point as the normal oral inflator. Someone is smoking something. :mean:

The only issue you are likely to have with the Octo+ is that if you disconnect the hose from it (to remove your regulator), like all combo units the insides are vulnerable to anything that comes down the opening. Best to leave the reg hose connected when washing gear. As far as tearing the bc, it is very little different, weight wise, from the power inflator. I've been working in the dive industry 20+ years, and that's a new one...

Good gear choice.

RonR

A good choice in gear
Best bet would be to take the BCD's for a try Dive.
if you are planning on doing most of your diving whilst on holidays and travel I would go for the escape, lighter and easier to pack. Otherwise the Ranger is a great unit that will see you through all your diving needs.

and for the Octo tearing your BCD thats cr@p

:doctor:
From GDI (not fgray1)

Zeagle equipment is very good equipment, very rugged and reliable. The Octo + will not tear into the ballistic material that the BC's made of. The Ranger is a more expensive BC than the Escape however in warm water either will do you fine. If you are worried about the Octo + hanging down you can secure it using the velcro octo keeper that comes with the BC or get a shorter inflater hose

I currently use a Ranger with Octo+ and have no bad things to say at all no rips,tears,cuts, the BC and oct+ have preformed 100% nothing bad to say at all

I personally do not like the Mares Mr12 Axis as it tends to be very susceptible to free flow on the surface. Down below they are just fine. I know, because our shop has them, and I always make sure the students don't choose them or FF's will drive me nuts :wacko:

Zeagle BCD is a thumbs up. I love my Zeagle Tech BCD.

I wouldn't buy the Mares mr12 myself, than you can better buy Apeks, Scubapro, Aqualung products I think...

I just bought the Zeagle escape with the weight integrationo about two months ago. I love it! Although I now wish that I would have gotten the Ranger instead, but I talked myself out of it. The escape is a great BC, but here is what I dont like:
1. rear dump is difficult to get to
2. releasable weight pockets are a little small, I dive with 12 pounds of weight in sw, two pounds in the trim pockets and the balance in the forward, releaseable pockets. I have the zeagle weight pouches and use soft weights, there is barely enough room to put five pounds a side!
3. Sometimes I wish that I had a little more lift, I know I dont need it, but it is just nice to have it if you need it.

Otherwise, fantastic BC, and very comfortable! However, if you want something that has the ability to grow with you, spring for the Ranger.

Good Luck!
Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom