Here we go...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also helps if the webbing is wet before you try and run it through the slots...
K

do it easy:
Ahhhhh, the simple pleasure of new gear!!! I bought a spool recently and I unspooled it and respooled it several times, just because! Have fun!

but did you mark it with hash marks at 10 ft increments :D

do it easy:
Ahhhhh, the simple pleasure of new gear!!! I bought a spool recently and I unspooled it and respooled it several times, just because! Have fun!

haha Sounds fun! :wink: I've only tried my BP on once thus far. Trying to keep the noise down so the wife doesn't get disturbed and comes and finds out what is going on. :wink:

Michael

scubak:
Also helps if the webbing is wet before you try and run it through the slots...
K

It's actually sliding through rather easy... after I tried man handling it. :wink: Thanks for the heads up.

Michael

I think it's going to work out. I'll just need to mess with it more.

Thank you all.

Michael

We want to hear about the first dive!

Well, the "first dive" will be in an 8' pool this weekend. :) Yard work, clean up the garage and then I'm off to the pool. :wink:

Michael

So, as everyone should know, I only have one-arm. It's the right arm, not sure if I've pointed that out here. I know the hip d-ring is supposed to be on the left side for the SPG (I have one on the way.) and deco bottles. With it being on the left, I'm sure I could still get to it but, I think the hose will be to short to pull it up and look at it. Would I be better off putting it on my right or at least is that acceptable? I know in DIR it wouldn't be but, with this being "hog", I know we can adjust accordingly. (So I just answered my own question.)

I guess when I get a canister light, I can just move the d-ring with the SPG back a little further or what about putting the canister on my left side? Pros? Cons? Suggestions on anything I've mentioned?

I guess once I get into the water, I'll be able to adjust and setup everything the way I feel that best suites me.

Thanks again for your eyes. :)

Michael

I think you are on the right track- I think you would be a mirror image of a DIR setup, although I'm not sure if you are using a long hose. I think that would come from your right side. I don't think you could trap it under the SPG hose since they come from the same point- it would be hard, but not impossible, to get them to cross more than once when the long hose is deployed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom