hero among us

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Ernst

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
this is to say.. a job well done to ishie!! ishie left my house on 6-14-06 and getting home she heared screams for help!! (help my baby), she an (emt) arrived to find a three yr old had fallen into a hot tub, she started CPR, she did all of the right stuff!! she after doing CPR and her mother an RN, assisting her got a pulse!! the child was taken by parimedics to UC DAVIS med center (sacramento ca), the child did live a bit longer, till today, and then did pass away, she did her best to save a life of a baby, if it wasnt for ishie, this child would have had no chance at all, so i say lets all give ishie a HUGE ROUND of applause!!!! this girl is a special hero in my mind!!! thanks for trying ISHIE!!!!! YOU did your best!!!!

Good job, Ishie. You at least gave the baby a chance.

Jcsgt:
Good job, Ishie. You at least gave the baby a chance.
thanks my friend!!! she is feeling very guilty that the baby died!!! she did her best, and i know this!!as she taught me too be an EMT!! if it was me on the ground i would want to be rescued by her, she does know her stuff, and does the best anyone can ever do!!!!

As an EMT, I'm sure she knows that there's very little chance of bringing anybody back with CPR. You don't even start CPR on somebody unless they are not breathing and have no pulse. Essentially, they are dead already. I have done CPR in the course of my job many times. I got lucky and saved one life and that was rare. That said, it's heartbreaking to try so hard to save a life, especially that of a baby, and not to succeed. With kids, it's something you never get used to. Please extend my best.

Jcsgt:
As an EMT, I'm sure she knows that there's very little chance of bringing anybody back with CPR. You don't even start CPR on somebody unless they are not breathing and have no pulse. Essentially, they are dead already. I have done CPR in the course of my job many times. I got lucky and saved one life and that was rare. That said, it's heartbreaking to try so hard to save a life, especially that of a baby, and not to succeed. With kids, it's something you never get used to. Please extend my best.
thanks JCSGT, she seems to be very torn!!!!!!

Good job Ishie.... Don'tbe too hard on your self... If you weren't there it would have been much worse...

Let's dive and enjoy nature while we can.

(I'll be at Lobos tomorrow)

Ishie, it's hard to lose somebody you worked to save . . . I know. But sometimes, even the absolute best care is not enough. You did what you could, and bless you for it.

TSandM:
Ishie, it's hard to lose somebody you worked to save . . . I know. But sometimes, even the absolute best care is not enough. You did what you could, and bless you for it.
thanks so much too you all.... she and her mother DANIE, are very torn, i have some e-mails from her that are hard to ... stomach!!

In over 20 years as a Paramedic including 10 full time on ambulances, I can count on one hand with room to spare the CPR "saves" I have had.
The fact that she got a pulse back at all is remarkable. Tell her not to beat her self up, she did everything right.

Wildcard:
In over 20 years as a Paramedic including 10 full time on ambulances, I can count on one hand with room to spare the CPR "saves" I have had.
The fact that she got a pulse back at all is remarkable. Tell her not to beat her self up, she did everything right.
thank you wild card that is really nice of you and i/we can see you have been there and understand what they are going through, she is a CPR INSTRUCTOR.... i guess that makes it even harder for her.. and her mother dani, is a registered ER nurse, they both did thier best i agree with you, the local news didnt make it seem that way, they are both expected to be at the grave side funeral, and if i have said any of the facts wrong i know she will correct it, i just feel they both (scubaboard members) deserve the recognition.thanks again for your kindness!!!!

Back
Top Bottom